AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bose acoustimass 6. I look at the manual and it said to set all speakers to large .The problem is when is set everything to large , sometimes the bass is very annoying like it distores a little bit.

Should i set the speakers to small and crossover to 80hz ?

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
That bass module is not capable of producing bass like a true subwoofer and by some accounts, the arrangement of the woofers in the module lends itself to a lot of vibration (cheap mounting). This system is designed for a very small room...

·
Registered
8,945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazkyl /forum/post/20897407

I have a bose acoustimass 6. I look at the manual and it said to set all speakers to large .The problem is when is set everything to large , sometimes the bass is very annoying like it distores a little bit.

Should i set the speakers to small and crossover to 80hz ?

Your receiver needs to be set to large since the Acoustimass module handles all the bass management tasks. If you set the receiver to a SMALL speaker setting, the Acoustimass will not get any of the bass signal below the crossover. It would likely solve your problem, but create another one. If the bass distorts, turn the bass module down, you're likely overdriving it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.