AVS Forum banner

2081 - 2100 of 15088 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
If your sub has the filters shown earlier then they should not be producing any significant content at 5-8Hz.
Im sure they dont have any filter. I will know in about 20 minutes, when I call XTZ....
I think I checked it a while ago, did play 20hz tone and observed the cone movement, then played a 10hz tone at same level and the cone movement increased like 4 times or more, to me that is: NO FILTER...

Should be interesting to hear what XTZ says.. If they know?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Called XTZ: there is no filter if the switch is in: "REF", and that is the one I want it to be at... EQ1 cuts to high....
That is good to know, XTZ also did think it would be good to add a highpass filter if possible around 10-14hz and down, when playing Hulk Movies Loud :D:eek:

At least I know now....

·
Registered
168 Posts
You either need to add a hpf or know what the limit is and be v v careful with the volume control
YEPP, I know....

Playing around with some filters in APO EQ, The only way to get the content around 10hz and down to go down and the same time the content between 15hz to 30hz goes up is adding both a High Pass + High Shelf filter, if I want to gain content between 15-30hz with Low Shelf ... If that makes sense :rolleyes:

maybee PEQ is better for me + High Pass, will play around a bit in both APO EQ and BEQ Designer, so I get used to wich is best suited for my purpose...

By the way: THANKS ALL for this possible, Im so thrilled to get this going, you are great :D:D:D

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Called XTZ: there is no filter if the switch is in: "REF", and that is the one I want it to be at... EQ1 cuts to high....
That is good to know, XTZ also did think it would be good to add a highpass filter if possible around 10-14hz and down, when playing Hulk Movies Loud :D:eek:

At least I know now....
Wow that seems almost reckless on XTZs part, to have a setting that bypasses a high pass filter on a ported sub.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
168 Posts
Wow that seems almost reckless on XTZs part, to have a setting that bypasses a high pass filter on a ported sub.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I dont know, But I dont think any subs I owned or own now have High Pass filter built in, and I have a few of them, do you mean its normal to have that?

My XTZ 12.17 dont have it
My XTZ 12.16 have one high pass, but I think its very high, so no use of it...
My Klipsch r 115sw dont have it ?
My dali 9f dont have it (I think)
My cheap sony 10" sub dont have it

·
Registered
168 Posts
Think I nailed it...........

Adding a peaking filter around the frequency I want to gain(20-25hz), and make the peak more smooth with a Q around 2 + adding a High Pass filter around 15 hz Q: 0.9, that looks NICE :D

this makes the 20-25hz content gain 7-8 db while the 7-8 hz drop -11 to -13db..... looks good..

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
selling a ported sub without a high pass filter is asking for a rather high return rate :)
I agree completely.

At least I know now....
Perhaps whoever you spoke to at XTZ doesn't fully understand how it works? What would make more sense is that REF has a single HPF about at tuning, and then EQ1 adds an additional gentle filter to take away some boominess. So he is somewhat correct in that REF has no (additional) filter and EQ1 does. That would seem to be WAY more likely than them actually shipping ported subs without a HPF.

In any case, I'd still do my own testing to be sure. How do you have your ports configured (any plugged)?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Dont know what happens, the recent 3 movies I tried to create signals from, the window just says: "dont respond", so I have to abort the software... Also the same with the latest stable version..... strange..

No problem to extract the audio, only when I press "create signals" the program looks up.... any tips?

Windows 7 fully update, and its a stable PC, never had problem with it.
Will try another PC to make sure...

Is there any cache files to delete?

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Dont know what happens, the recent 3 movies I tried to create signals from, the window just says: "dont respond", so I have to abort the software... Also the same with the latest stable version..... strange..

No problem to extract the audio, only when I press "create signals" the program looks up.... any tips?

Windows 7 fully update, and its a stable PC, never had problem with it.
Will try another PC to make sure...
Go into preferences and check Mix to Mono and Decimate.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Seems to be working on the last one now, when I checked:"Decimate"

Will try the other ones also..
takes 5 minutes..............................
You need to check Mix to Mono also, or it will be retaining each individual channel and you will either load all of the channels separately or only one of the channels. This is fine if you are actually trying to do individual channel BEQ, but otherwise you definitely want to check Mix to Mono.

With Mix to Mono and Decimate, it should load the signal almost instantly.

·
Registered
168 Posts
ok, so it seems to work, when I checked: "Decimate"
Mix to mono is checked also...

But Ive noticed, it will not accept movies from .iso files
If I mount my .iso file, and try to extract audio, it pops up a window: unexpected error detected...

tried with 5 iso files, same thing....

Im using PowerISO to mount the .iso files, if that matters...

·
Registered
6,052 Posts

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
maybee? its an i7 with 16gb ram and a samsung SSD, should be ok....

Trying the first one that gave me problem now, will report in 4 minutes how it went, crossing fingers :)
When working with full movie files that are mixed to mono and decimated, BEQ Designer uses

2081 - 2100 of 15088 Posts