AVS Forum banner

9141 - 9160 of 15120 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Just to clarify because of the way you said that. If you haven't seen 1 and 2, don't watch 3. You need to see the first ones first. Three will not make sense since it picks up right where two ends. If you were waiting just to rewatch the first 2 before 3 then it'll be ok.
I've seen all 3. I just hadn't seen part 3 BEQ'd with the ThrueHD mix. Only the preliminary DD+, hence the anxiousness. :)

I have to admit that these are a guilty pleasure of mine. I absolutely love them! :D

It actually makes me laugh when discussing them with people that I know who are so wrapped up with things like his style of fighting and all of the head shots and whatnot, that they fail to see what it is that makes these movies so great. Then, whenever I explain to them that them being so over the top & campy is what they are going for, they just look at each other, kind of nod their heads, and go, "Okay, I get it now.". Lol

However, I did just finish watching it again, and man, it did not disappoint at all.

Whenever that drop of water fell at the intro and landed...I new right then that I was in for a treat. When that thing landed it was like a gunshot to the chest! I was like WTF??? :eek:

The surround mix was fantastic as well, and after hearing y'alls impressions about seeing it with Atmos, it makes me wish that I had it integrated into my setup even more. Hopefully I can change that sooner, rather than later. ;)

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Watched Endgame Atmos with BEQ tonight. Didn't even bother watching it without BEQ first.

The sound was fantastic, much better than previous Marvel mixes. The bass was awesome too at -10, plenty of rumbling. I'm sure BEQ had something to do with that though!
Thank you very much for the effort! It was fantastic with Bass EQ turned on, late to the scene but better late than never

Enjoying all the movies now with bass EQ

Avengers endgame was a totally different movie with Bass EQ turned on

Superb !! All those single digit infrasonics, damn! It’s satisfying indeed
That was also the first movie I watched with BEQ and wow! I watched the DTS version and used the same atmos beq and I loved it! I will say for you guys that don't have crowsons or BOSS or any type of TR device you guys are really missing out on the single digit stuff......just crowsons alone is more the reason to do BEQ!

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
BTW, I've added a link in my signature for the BEQ's I've been producing so anyone can just get them from my google drive. I'm probably doing less popular and older films. Including Die Hard 2. I've done about 50 so far. My reports aren't pretty and just show heat map and spectrum. I've been rewatching a lot in my HT, and am starting now to assess the need for BEQ on them before I watch it. I have posted a few flat spectrums for ones I've looked at that don't need it (in my opinion).

Aron7awol and bmiller - feel free to add them to the official repository if you want. Or add me as a contributor to the repository and I can just submit through github. Or if you just want the sig and wavs.

BTW Die Hard 3 I'm looking at, but there is a lot of noise at 25hz and below. I'm still assessing.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
^°^°^°
I appreciate your contributions, M0ber, even if for now I'm only using your graphs. It's nice to see additional graphs for some older, or less popular movies. I actually have many of those movies .

Edit: 30 Days of Night (2007) seems unfinished.

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
^°^°^°
I appreciate your contributions, M0ber, even if for now I'm only using your graphs. It's nice to see additional graphs for some older, or less popular movies. I actually have many of those movies .

Edit: 30 Days of Night (2007) seems unfinished.

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk
Thanks, I appreciate it! I've watched a few using them and they are quite OK.

Yeah, 30 days of Night is pretty flat, not sure needed - I thought I 'd just stuck that picture in the "Movies with Native Flat Response" sub folder. I guess I could add a couple of PEQs.

I created the other folder so I could track the ones I've looked at that seem pretty good already. Looking at it though I probably can squeeze some more out of them...

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Spy Kids 1-4?

Reactions: aron7awol

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Thanks, I appreciate it! I've watched a few using them and they are quite OK.

Yeah, 30 days of Night is pretty flat, not sure needed - I thought I 'd just stuck that picture in the "Movies with Native Flat Response" sub folder. I guess I could add a couple of PEQs.

I created the other folder so I could track the ones I've looked at that seem pretty good already. Looking at it though I probably can squeeze some more out of them...
Appreciate the folder with ""Movies with Native Flat Response" so that I can assess the capability of my system with unfiltered content before moving into BEQ

·
Registered
125 Posts
So I have a couple of issues regarding BEQD:

1. Whenever I extract audio to FLAC, without checking Mix to Mono, I get the following error when I try to create the signal:

The extraction works fine, it's just when I try to create the signals from that FLAC file.

2. If I extract to .wav, again without checking mono, my graph always shifts around to the point of being unable to be viewed. I have to check/uncheck "Show Legend" repeatedly to reset the graph so it's viewable. I'd like to extract to FLAC since most of the audio file sizes are larger than 4GB.

I'd prefer not to mix to mono so I can see all of the signals and the effect the filter has on them.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Ah got it. Watched MIB international right after and found it much better so to your point it could be the system difference and what it really enhances. I feel better that it’s not my age yet
Imureh - assuming 'better' is referring to audio track only?

What made MIB:I better in your mind? Just curious as I have not seen either MIB:I or JW3 to date.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Anyone know if the Underworld (2003) Atmos BEQ is safe for the DD 5.1 version? I only have the trilogy on Blur ray atm.

·
Registered
6,053 Posts
BassEQ Memento (2000) DTS-HD MA 5.1

·
Registered
6,053 Posts
Added DD+ 5.1 to this one...hopefully the Atmos track is better than both mixes we've seen so far for this one.

BassEQ Dark Phoenix (2019) DTS-HD MA 7.1

DD+ 5.1:

·
Registered
125 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Fixed the links. Sorry about that.
The 2nd issue is a known problem that i haven't got round to looking into because no one had mentioned it so far :) you can change the colour scheme in preferences to make it easier to tell which curve is which as a workaround. You may also find it easier to load a few channels at a time, IME you often find 3 groups of channels (lfe, LCR, surrounds) so you may find you don't need to look at all of them during design.

Haven't seen the first issue before, can you reproduce with a smaller (shareable) file or does it only happen with large files? For example take a 1min snippet of audio and extract, do you still get the same problem? Also does it happen on every file or specific ones?

Btw use GitHub for this sort of thing so you can raise the issues there instead of posting here

·
Registered
125 Posts
The 2nd issue is a known problem that i haven't got round to looking into because no one had mentioned it so far :) you can change the colour scheme in preferences to make it easier to tell which curve is which as a workaround. You may also find it easier to load a few channels at a time, IME you often find 3 groups of channels (lfe, LCR, surrounds) so you may find you don't need to look at all of them during design.

Haven't seen the first issue before, can you reproduce with a smaller (shareable) file or does it only happen with large files? For example take a 1min snippet of audio and extract, do you still get the same problem? Also does it happen on every file or specific ones?

Btw use GitHub for this sort of thing so you can raise the issues there instead of posting here
Hahaha, thanks for replying. I'll use the workaround for the graph issue.

First issue doesn't seem to happen with smaller files. I took a couple of demo clips and extracted to FLAC, no issues. As soon as I try a full size file, it repeatedly gives that error when trying to create the signals.

I'll be sure to use Github to report. Thanks again for responding!!

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Code:
Added DD+ 5.1 to this one...hopefully the Atmos track is better than both mixes we've seen so far for this one.
BTW, do you ever trade off flattening in the subsonic end or 10hz and below to avoid needing to use a negative gainto avoid clipping? Does it end up the loosing heat in the audible lfe? Or using a lower q to avoid it attenuating above the shelf freq?

·
Registered
6,053 Posts
Code:
BTW, do you ever trade off flattening in the subsonic end or 10hz and below to avoid needing to use a negative gainto avoid clipping? Does it end up the loosing heat in the audible lfe? Or using a lower q to avoid it attenuating above the shelf freq?
Rarely, when I'm done designing (ignoring headroom) I almost always end up with headroom.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
First issue doesn't seem to happen with smaller files. I took a couple of demo clips and extracted to FLAC, no issues. As soon as I try a full size file, it repeatedly gives that error when trying to create the signals.
appreciate it if you can log this one in github with some details on exactly what you're doing (e.g. size of underlying file that triggers it, the content in that file, screenshot of the extract dialog to show the options set), if I have this info then I should be able to try to repeat it (as I assume I'll have some similar content here)

9141 - 9160 of 15120 Posts