AVS Forum banner

14341 - 14360 of 15058 Posts

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Just some recommendations from weekend viewing. Planet 51. Oh gee this animated movie had some incredible, clean kinetic LFE, from the first scene onwards. A fun movie. So weird though hearing Dwayne Johnson and seeing a blonde white character... Not a chance in heck they'd do that now given Johnson's career status. Not to mention social climate. Not much BEQ required too.

Hyena Road. Good low frequency, but nothing really stand out. The movie itself though, oh my goodness I can't believe I'd never heard of it. It was and incredible Middle East conflict movie, moving, from the Canadian perspective, by Paul Gross, the actor from Due South, director of Passchendale. Kudos to him though. I don't understand where he gets the skill from. He isn't prolific, known as a director, but he's made (written AND directed AND acted in) in my books two incredible films.

Last Full Measure was pretty good too. Some nice bass, but not as clean. No real BEQ required.
When you talk about and recommend the B-movies you view that Aron doesn't list, I always wondered why you never linked your own graphs to the post. :confused:

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
When you talk about and recommend the B-movies you view that Aron doesn't list, I always wondered why you never linked your own graphs to the post. :confused:

[
The heatmap doesn't quite convey how clean the tactile bass is in the. I am guessing the map tools to have a lot down to zero, but score related. But the tactile pre is nice and clean within that.

They're in my repo. I guess I could post but I don't conform to that fan art style of images, and having BEQ require several pictures to convey the information.. You get the graph and heat map. I don't care about digging up fan art or consuming space with it. I don't personally want to see it as it doesn't convey anything of use to me.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Just some recommendations from weekend viewing. Planet 51. Oh gee this animated movie had some incredible, clean kinetic LFE, from the first scene onwards. A fun movie. So weird though hearing Dwayne Johnson and seeing a blonde white character... Not a chance in heck they'd do that now given Johnson's career status. Not to mention social climate. Not much BEQ required too.

Hyena Road. Good low frequency, but nothing really stand out. The movie itself though, oh my goodness I can't believe I'd never heard of it. It was and incredible Middle East conflict movie, moving, from the Canadian perspective, by Paul Gross, the actor from Due South, director of Passchendale. Kudos to him though. I don't understand where he gets the skill from. He isn't prolific, known as a director, but he's made (written AND directed AND acted in) in my books two incredible films.

Last Full Measure was pretty good too. Some nice bass, but not as clean. No real BEQ required.
Due South was such a great show. It's been quite a while since I've watched it. I have season 1 & 2 on DVD. I really need to pull those out and give them a spin.

Reactions: MOberhardt

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Just watched Mission Impossible Rogue Nation and ghost protocol, those were good with BEQ. Fallout arrives today and will watch that one tonight.

Loving the 4 Crowsons!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
612 Posts
Do you have tactile transducers in your HT, like the Crowsons? Or don't you need them with the Boss platform?
i do not have any kind of transducers but from what i've gathered on this thread they compliment each other rather than a substitute. there are a few folks that are running a combination of both.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
the latest beta has support for generating config files for the HTP-1 in the same way as the minidsp config works

workflow is

* on the HTP-1, go to the System tab, use the export config option to save the config as a json
* select HTP-1 on the merge screen in beqd
* select the exported config file in the merge screen
* select the channels you want to write the filters to
* click the save button

It will generate a config file per film with the filters written from the bottom up (slot 16 and up) so you can continue using the upper slots for your own use

To load, go back to the system tab and click the import option.

Usual disclaimer applies re me not having an actual HTP-1 device to test against so use at your own risk. There is some evidence to say that the import option works by resetting the config to the default setup and then applying items in the config file one by one ignoring anything that it doesn't recognise (one way to test this, save a file that contains just

Code:
{}
and then import this, you should see the device reset to defaults).

This suggests the option is safe to use even if it produces some bad configuration however someone else will have to prove this :)

3 other things to note

1) this option does not have the same bug with shelf filters as the other screen
2) this option assumes you are running a firmware version that supports shelf filters
3) the export option in the HTP-1 appears to be the complete state of the device so *everything* gets overwritten on import, not just PEQ settings

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
This is a minor thing really but something I noticed. On most of the XML files that I have used, they have the master volume + or - in the title but Mad Max Fury Road does not have the -4db MV listed in it's title. It's a small thing but it sounded way to loud and then I checked the graph online and noticed it was supposed to be turned down. Now it sounds great at -4db.

Reactions: galonzo and m0j0

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Updated...

BassEQ Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (2003) DTS-HD MA 5.1

It's a shame the noise is there down low, because there's some good content.

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
Update Request

I thought you already updated all of the MCU movies, but it appears this one hasn't been updated yet?
BEQ Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) Atmos

LS 19Hz Q1.0 3.9dB x 3 (11.7dB total)
LS 10Hz Q1.1 2.8dB x 2 (5.6dB total)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Just watched Mission Impossible Rogue Nation and ghost protocol, those were good with BEQ. Fallout arrives today and will watch that one tonight.

Loving the 4 Crowsons!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Watch the part 3 of mission impossible, time stamp around 21:45 +few minutes. The helicopter scene was crazy:cool:.

·
Registered
317 Posts
This is a minor thing really but something I noticed. On most of the XML files that I have used, they have the master volume + or - in the title but Mad Max Fury Road does not have the -4db MV listed in it's title. It's a small thing but it sounded way to loud and then I checked the graph online and noticed it was supposed to be turned down. Now it sounds great at -4db.

I made it a habit to watch the graphs first then load the BEQ files and verify the files matches with Aron's images.
If I find any issues I create a new post asking for @DesertDog to fix it. He will fix it even before I think about what movie to watch next!!!!!.:D. Can't thank enough.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
@aron7awol, I have a request for Tombstone (1993) DTS-HD MA 5.1

Thanks,

Darrell

·
Registered
6,050 Posts

·
Registered
6,050 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Great movie!
EXCELLENT MOVIE!! Lol

I know that it was discussed here at one point, but nothing ever happened with it as far as BEQ’ing. Hoping Aron can remedy this, because every time I watch it there are points in it that I believe would/should benefit it nicely.

Reactions: galonzo

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
I've had some technical issues preventing me from extracting new audio for new BEQs, so I've only been able to do updates, but I expect to have it all resolved by later today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
612 Posts
EXCELLENT MOVIE!! Lol

I know that it was discussed here at one point, but nothing ever happened with it as far as BEQ’ing. Hoping Aron can remedy this, because every time I watch it there are points in it that I believe would/should benefit it nicely.
I'm your huckleberry

top 10 favorite movie quotes of all time!!

14341 - 14360 of 15058 Posts