dialnorm compensation +5dB

·
Registered
612 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Streaming vs disc

Taking an example of a movie that has a good bass response down low (e.g. A quiet place), how different would the LF extension graph look if we are streaming (such as Vudu) compared to disc?

I get the feeling that this comparison should have been already done before by someone, but not sure...

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Taking an example of a movie that has a good bass response down low (e.g. A quiet place), how different would the LF extension graph look if we are streaming (such as Vudu) compared to disc?

I get the feeling that this comparison should have been already done before by someone, but not sure...
short answer: it depends

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Wow, one episode into Dark season 3 and already loving the sound design! And of course the show is crazy as always.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
BassEQ Kill Command (2016) DTS-HD MA 5.1

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Just popping in to say that Tron Legacy has to be the best overall movie for showcasing your system.
Amazing
And if you have a 3D projector, it is just phenomenal. That whole entry into the computer world where Flynn is at the intersection, and the Recognizers come in and the music and LFE and 3D is just mind blowing. And the IMAX 3D. Even if this gets a UHD release, I'd be hard pressed to not go to the 3d first. The style and sound and sights throughout are just amazing. And if the UHD lost IMAX, I'm not sure I'd even bother getting it... Other than to get Atmos off of it....

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Watched Point Break 2015 last night. I really enjoyed the sound mix, very dynamic and shows some force from the opening moments. I though the bass was very well utilized throughout. Highly recommended

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
And if you have a 3D projector, it is just phenomenal. That whole entry into the computer world where Flynn is at the intersection, and the Recognizers come in and the music and LFE and 3D is just mind blowing. And the IMAX 3D. Even if this gets a UHD release, I'd be hard pressed to not go to the 3d first. The style and sound and sights throughout are just amazing. And if the UHD lost IMAX, I'm not sure I'd even bother getting it... Other than to get Atmos off of it....
I have a 3D capable player, some 3D discs, but no 3D TV. How tragic is that? I'm thinking in getting T:L in 3D (still available!) and maybe if there's a 3D revival down the road, finally get to see it.

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Even if this gets a UHD release, I'd be hard pressed to not go to the 3d first. The style and sound and sights throughout are just amazing. And if the UHD lost IMAX, I'm not sure I'd even bother getting it... Other than to get Atmos off of it....
That's not surprising since the name of the game is "immersion"... and 3D, when done well, grabs you and immerses you in the story and action like nothing else really can. I think it might be the perfect complement of object-enabled audio, when it's perfectly executed.

The only reason I don't have a 3D set is I wear glasses and it's a bit of a nuisance to place the 3D glasses over them. However, I did get to experience Avatar in 3D IMAX and it was most definitely a sight to behold! :eek:

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
BassEQ Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga (2020) Netflix DD+

I didn't want to push into that noise down low any further.

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
BEQ Request - Hell or High Water DTS-HD MA 5.1

@aron7awol , BEQ request: Hell or High Water (2016) DTS-HD MA 5.1

Just watched this one last night, excellent modern-day western/heist story; curious how BEQ might help explosions, gunfights in this one :D

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
BassEQ Hell or High Water (2016) DTS-HD MA 5.1

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ok, So I am a bit confused and haven't been able to find the answer to my question.

I am currently running an NX6000D and I have a MiniDSP 2x4HD that I haven't hooked up yet. I have some filters that I have plugged into my iNuke before final tuning with Audyssey to try to work out some nulls. If i want to BEQ with my MiniDSP, do I have to disable my filters in the iNuke and just use the MiniDSP? Or Can I just load the filters into the MiniDSP and leave my iNuke alone?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Ok, So I am a bit confused and haven't been able to find the answer to my question.

I am currently running an NX6000D and I have a MiniDSP 2x4HD that I haven't hooked up yet. I have some filters that I have plugged into my iNuke before final tuning with Audyssey to try to work out some nulls. If i want to BEQ with my MiniDSP, do I have to disable my filters in the iNuke and just use the MiniDSP? Or Can I just load the filters into the MiniDSP and leave my iNuke alone?
Nothing with BEQ and/or the mDSP will affect your filters in the iNuke. You can leave them there for now. Eventually you'll likely want to take advantage of the mDSP to EQ your subs instead of the using the iNuke, but that's for another day. :) The best thing you can do right now is get up and running with BEQ right away.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Figured I would ask since many others have asked there are 3 movies I would like to see done w/ BEQ. Both versions of Point Break ( old and new ) the third The Legend of Hercules.
By the way system sounds beyond great!!!

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
Awesome @aron7awol. , that has to be a record, for a request out of the blue :eek:

Many thanks, now to give it another watch :D

14441 - 14460 of 15143 Posts