AVS Forum banner

14461 - 14480 of 15058 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nothing with BEQ and/or the mDSP will affect your filters in the iNuke. You can leave them there for now. Eventually you'll likely want to take advantage of the mDSP to EQ your subs instead of the using the iNuke, but that's for another day. :) The best thing you can do right now is get up and running with BEQ right away.
Awesome! Thanks!

Can I plug in my MiniDSP and just go? Or do I have to rerun Audyssey after adding it to the chain? I read something about delay.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Just popping in to say that Tron Legacy has to be the best overall movie for showcasing your system.
Amazing
what was your favorite scene and don't cop out and say all of it!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Awesome! Thanks!

Can I plug in my MiniDSP and just go? Or do I have to rerun Audyssey after adding it to the chain? I read something about delay.
Everything I've read says that you have to rerun Audyssey which I wasn't happy about but to be safe you should definitely rerun Audyssey.

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Awesome! Thanks!

Everything I've read says that you have to rerun Audyssey which I wasn't happy about but to be safe you should definitely rerun Audyssey.
You don't have to rerun Audyssey. If you put the mDSP in the chain and add 2-3' to your sub distance in your AVR, everything should end up almost exactly as it was before. You can confirm this by taking a REW sweep before and after.

Small differences of 1-2ms applied to all subs will only have minor differences in the crossover regions between the subs and mains. Unless those were fully optimized (manually, Audy often doesn't do a great job of this) there's about as good a chance that the delay difference improves things as harms them. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
You don't have to rerun Audyssey. If you put the mDSP in the chain and add 2-3' to your sub distance in your AVR, everything should end up almost exactly as it was before. You can confirm this by taking a REW sweep before and after.

Small differences of 1-2ms applied to all subs will only have minor differences in the crossover regions between the subs and mains. Unless those were fully optimized (manually, Audy often doesn't do a great job of this) there's about as good a chance that the delay difference improves things as harms them. :)
I was thinking of doing exactly this, but I don't have REW so I couldn't just trust that the distance I entered would not be detrimental in some way. So because everything I've read says I should re-do Audyssey, I felt that I was being lazy if I didn't.

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
Just popping in to say that Tron Legacy has to be the best overall movie for showcasing your system.
Amazing
what was your favorite scene and don't cop out and say all of it!!!

Most of you may have already seen where I posted these in the HDR thread, but for those who didn't, here's to hoping for an HDR/Atmos release on UHD Blu (two upscaled and HDR-graded scenes):

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Reactions: galonzo and magicj1

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
@DesertDog and @3ll3d00d , Here's a first; I'm getting this error when trying to do a merge in BEQD all of a sudden:
bmiller_miniDSPBEQ - Movie BEQs - Hell or High Water (2016) (+5.5 gain) BEQ DTS-HD MA 5.1.xml - Different input filters found in /Users/galonzo/.beq/bmiller_miniDSPBEQ/Movie BEQs/Hell or High Water (2016) (+5.5 gain) BEQ DTS-HD MA 5.1.xml - Input 1: {'1': {'freq': '80', 'q': '1', 'boost': '0.6', 'type': 'PK', 'bypass': '0'}, '6': {'freq': '35', 'q': '0.9', 'boost': '6.6', 'type': 'SL', 'bypass': '0'}, '7': {'freq': '35', 'q': '0.9', 'boost': '6.6', 'type': 'SL', 'bypass': '0'}, '8': {'freq': '11', 'q': '0.9', 'boost': '5', 'type': 'SL', 'bypass': '0'}, '9': {'freq': '11', 'q': '0.9', 'boost': '5', 'type': 'SL', 'bypass': '0'}, '10': {'freq': '11', 'q': '0.9', 'boost': '5', 'type': 'SL', 'bypass': '0'}} - Input 2: {'1': {'freq': '35', 'q': '1', 'boost': '0.4', 'type': 'PK', 'bypass': '0'}, '9': {'freq': '11', 'q': '0.9', 'boost': '5', 'type': 'SL', 'bypass': '0'}, '10': {'freq': '11', 'q': '0.9', 'boost': '5', 'type': 'SL', 'bypass': '0'}}

I tried "reset" and "re-merge", same error with 2649/2650 processed; any thoughts, boys?

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
BassEQ Penny Dreadful: City of Angels (2020) Season 1 Amazon DD+

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
@DesertDog and @3ll3d00d , Here's a first; I'm getting this error when trying to do a merge in BEQD all of a sudden:
bmiller_miniDSPBEQ - Movie BEQs - Hell or High Water (2016) (+5.5 gain) BEQ DTS-HD MA 5.1.xml - Different input filters found in /Users/galonzo/.beq/bmiller_miniDSPBEQ/Movie BEQs/Hell or High Water (2016) (+5.5 gain) BEQ DTS-HD MA 5.1.xml - Input 1: {'1': {'freq': '80', 'q': '1', 'boost': '0.6', 'type': 'PK', 'bypass': '0'}, '6': {'freq': '35', 'q': '0.9', 'boost': '6.6', 'type': 'SL', 'bypass': '0'}, '7': {'freq': '35', 'q': '0.9', 'boost': '6.6', 'type': 'SL', 'bypass': '0'}, '8': {'freq': '11', 'q': '0.9', 'boost': '5', 'type': 'SL', 'bypass': '0'}, '9': {'freq': '11', 'q': '0.9', 'boost': '5', 'type': 'SL', 'bypass': '0'}, '10': {'freq': '11', 'q': '0.9', 'boost': '5', 'type': 'SL', 'bypass': '0'}} - Input 2: {'1': {'freq': '35', 'q': '1', 'boost': '0.4', 'type': 'PK', 'bypass': '0'}, '9': {'freq': '11', 'q': '0.9', 'boost': '5', 'type': 'SL', 'bypass': '0'}, '10': {'freq': '11', 'q': '0.9', 'boost': '5', 'type': 'SL', 'bypass': '0'}}

I tried "reset" and "re-merge", same error with 2649/2650 processed; any thoughts, boys?
the message means the filters in the config file has a different filter in input 1 vs input 2, merge process expects them to be the same or only one slot to have any (non bypassed, boost > 0) filters in it

in this case, input 2 has fewer active filters (peq 1, 9, 10 vs 1, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

i.e. file in repo needs a fix

·
Oppo Beta Group
11,492 Posts
BassEQ Penny Dreadful: City of Angels (2020) Season 1 Netflix DD+

I cannot find this on Netflix, just showtime. Is this correctly labeled?

- Rich

·
Registered
1,213 Posts

the message means the filters in the config file has a different filter in input 1 vs input 2, merge process expects them to be the same or only one slot to have any (non bypassed, boost > 0) filters in it

in this case, input 2 has fewer active filters (peq 1, 9, 10 vs 1, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

i.e. file in repo needs a fix
Yup, I'm getting the same error. I PM'ed Aron about it.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
@aron7awol I have another request whenever you get the time. Stardust (2007) DTS-HD MA 5.1

Thanks,

Darrell

·
Registered
847 Posts
Just as I was thinking about re-watching Tron, it seems that there is a tasty remake on its way. I missed WOTW by a few months and didn't bother watching it a third time.
I can't believe that I also have not watched Hacksaw Ridge yet. Gotta catch up now, since I'm on 6 weeks of vacation. Anything else you guys would recommend?

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Just as I was thinking about re-watching Tron, it seems that there is a tasty remake on its way. I missed WOTW by a few months and didn't bother watching it a third time.
I can't believe that I also have not watched Hacksaw Ridge yet. Gotta catch up now, since I'm on 6 weeks of vacation. Anything else you guys would recommend?
Underwater
The Invisible Man
Extraction

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Definitely Need for Speed

·
Registered
847 Posts
Underwater
The Invisible Man
Extraction
Thanks! I'll pass on the invisible man, as I find the Horror genre to be appalling (super boring), but the other two look quite interesting!

Explain yourself :confused:
Well it's not like it's set in stone yet, but somebody has worked on the movie and it seems like it's pretty much done already. UHD HDR with better animations as far as I've read.
There wasn't a word about a public release yet but I mean, nobody would turn something down that earned em money, soooo... :D

14461 - 14480 of 15058 Posts