AVS Forum banner

15561 - 15580 of 15737 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Whiplash was just released on 4K UHD with a brand new Dolby Atmos mix. Any chance of getting an updated BEQ for that mix?
I second this request. Per blu-ray.com, the picture received a pretty significant boost in the 4k treatment. Hopefully they don't mess up the audio mix in the remaster. It's not a bass monster by any means, but the sound is so critical to the movie, and the bass that is there is well used. I'd love to see what BEQ does for the Atmos soundtrack.

Whiplash UHD release review

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I second this request. Per blu-ray.com, the picture received a pretty significant boost in the 4k treatment. Hopefully they don't mess up the audio mix in the remaster. It's not a bass monster by any means, but the sound is so critical to the movie, and the bass that is there is well used. I'd love to see what BEQ does for the Atmos soundtrack.

Whiplash UHD release review
Can confirm the bass looks mostly the same, the Atmos mix seems to have a slight bump at 30Hz, but that's about it

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
BassEQ Secret Society of Second Born Royals (2020) Disney+ DD+ Atmos

+4dB dialnorm compensation​

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
@aron7wol couple of requests:

The Silencing 2020 DTS HDMA.5.1
Black Water Abyss 2020 DTS-HDMA.5.1

Thx

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Reactions: galonzo

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
Update request for Earth To Echo plz if possible, only because i think strategies may have changed.
If one wants to run that one with the higher stuff as hot as it is natively, the -5dB LS and +5dB LS can both be bypassed. I think I remember setting it up that way intentionally.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Question with BEQ Designer v0.9.5-beta.15 If I did not want to use a house curve, I assume the included "flat24hd.xml" would be for that purpose? I believe that in order to process the files you need some sort of config xml file because the process icon does not change without it.

Second question is with the output section. Would this be now specific to what input it will be generated for? I could choose Input 1, 2 or both etc?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Question with BEQ Designer v0.9.5-beta.15 If I did not want to use a house curve, I assume the included "flat24hd.xml" would be for that purpose? I believe that in order to process the files you need some sort of config xml file because the process icon does not change without it.

Second question is with the output section. Would this be now specific to what input it will be generated for? I could choose Input 1, 2 or both etc?
1) Yes, use the flat24HD assuming you have a 2x4 HD miniDSP and not one of the other models. You can also you the files directly from repo. They're flat with the BEQ on inputs 1 and 2.

2) Yes, inputs and outputs. It'll put the BEQ on which ever ones you have selected.

·
Registered
420 Posts
The reason to use it at all is to merge it with your own house curve otherwise you can just use the repo as is can't you?
I just tried loading a xml file to every input and output (not that I would do that..just for testing) and it worked great! I want to try running a movie without my house curve and see how much of a difference it is. I do have to say once you get the jist of how this BEQ puzzle is put together it is very cool! It is a bit tricky and I still don't have it 100% but as time goes on picking up things here and there but such an awesome way to enjoy regenerative bass'ing! :cool:

Reactions: MOberhardt

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
BassEQ The Silencing (2020) DTS-HD MA 5.1

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
BassEQ Black Water: Abyss (2020) DTS-HD MA 5.1

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
Updated through episode 9...

BassEQ Raised By Wolves (2020) Season 1 HBO Max DD+

Episodes 1-9 Only

+7dB dialnorm compensation​

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
The Boys S02 BEQ is still good through episode 6...

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Request for the Family Guy Star Wars Trilogy.

Blue Harvest (2007) DTS-HS MA 5.1
Something, Something, Dark Side (2009) DTS-HD MA 5.1
It's a Trap! (2010) DTS-HD MA 5.1

Reactions: galonzo

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
BassEQ The Devil All the Time (2020) Netflix DD+ Atmos

15561 - 15580 of 15737 Posts