AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running a yamaha rxv465 and a hsu 2.3

My receiver only has EQ down to 40hz I believe so pretty much my sub plays whatever it wants. Should I look into buying and external EQ or should I just wait until one day I decide to upgrade to a receiver that can do it for me( with audessy or something like that)

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
How do you plan on determining the amount of adjustment you would apply if you purchased an EQ?

All subs benefit from EQ. The Audyssey correction of sub freqs does tend to work well in most rooms.

Before you purchase either an EQ, or a new receiver, consider moving the sub around the room and optimizing the sub/room interface as best you can. Big, big gains can be had by simply placement experimentation.

As a last resort, if I were in your position and need some sub eq, I'd purchase the Antimode 8033 automatic piece. That will get you some good results with minimal effort.

Here's a review.

Good luck

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been mostly taking measurements with an sp meter (radio shack analog) and been using the correction chart. I only have two positions avail, front center and left corner. They both gave me similar freq response but the corner increased volume by around 2db . I noticed I have big drops in the 50-80hz range. I'm using the max Ext mode on my hsu 2.3

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
Stang323 - I run my Quad Empires with the Anti Mode. I Tried the SMS-1 and Audyssey Sub EQ with them and liked the Anti Mode the best for my 6000+ room.

Just me, Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts