AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I already own the "cars" dvd. Although it has some decent bass moments, it's well known it was quit subdued compared to other pixar movies. I've read in a BD review of cars that the bass is much stronger then on the dvd release. Can anyone confirm this. And does this only count for the PCM/THD track or does also the DD track have stronger bass then on the DVD version?

just wan't to know if it is really worth upgrading to the BD version as I only can view the DD track.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
You could rent it from Netflix and judge for yourself before buying.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Just pick up the Blu-ray used on ebay. The PQ alone is reference quality. While the bass is not on par with WOW / Cloverfield, the uncompressed soundtrack is very impressive.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can only view the DD track as I have a receiver from the pre-HD audio era. I just wondered if the DD track on the BD version is the same one as on the DVD version or if it sounds closer to the PCM track.

I'm quit sceptical about HD audio en most people can't hear much difference between DD and pcm. But for some reason the difference between the DD track on DVD and the PCM track on BD of cars is said to be very big.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts