AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My goal is to do all of my bass management from my Onkyo. I want to make sure that I'm following the correct procedure, so read on -

I have Audyssey EQ'd my speakers and powered sub.

On the Klipsch sub I have

-Sub cable plugged into "Line In". There is also an LFE that I am not using, guessing it does not matter which one is used?

-Gain set to 1 o clock or there abouts

-Lowpass/Crossover set at 120hz or whatever max is

-Phase 0

In my Onkyo OSD I have done the following

-Mains/Center 80Hz

-Surrounds 120hz

-LPF of LFE 80hz (assuming this is the same setting as the crossover on the sub)

-5db

Does this sound about right? Thanks!

·
Registered
30,789 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiger /forum/post/16949733

My goal is to do all of my bass management from my Onkyo. I want to make sure that I'm following the correct procedure, so read on -

I have Audyssey EQ'd my speakers and powered sub.

On the Klipsch sub I have

-Sub cable plugged into "Line In". There is also an LFE that I am not using, guessing it does not matter which one is used?

It does matter. Use the LFE as it will bypass the crossover in the sub.

Quote:
-Gain set to 1 o clock or there abouts

-Lowpass/Crossover set at 120hz or whatever max is

-Phase 0

In my Onkyo OSD I have done the following

-Mains/Center 80Hz

-Surrounds 120hz

-LPF of LFE 80hz (assuming this is the same setting as the crossover on the sub)

Nope. Set it to 120Hz. This setting is specific to the LFE channel signals (the .1 channel) and not the rerouted bass from the main channels. It should be set so as not to limit the bandpass of the LFE.

Cannot comment on the main channel crossovers since you have not told us what speakers those are but, generally, Audyssey gets it right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts