AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Nad t 751 and im having a problem with my sub and this receiver. I have my sub hooked up in the pre out with the speakers set to large and sub on. The sub works somtimes but does not give out the bass that it used to with my old onkyo. I hooked it back to my onkyo and it works fine. I also tried it in to the right pre out and its still the same thing. Does anyone know whats wrong with it? I emailed NAD, but they said to change the speaker setting to all small with the sub on, I did and with the same results. :mad:

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Welcome to this addictive forum Mack. Why would they set the sub to small? That changes the crossover point in the Bass Management feature of your processor. Only the sat's should be at small. True, some DVD players with internal decoders and some receivers like a Sony have the sub at 100Hz, not the THX 80Hz. Perhaps the Onkyo had a different crossover point and maybe even a bass gain. Contact both companies and get their crossover points for LFE/sub and ask if there is a 3dB, or 6dB gain in their setup.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sub is set to "on" not small. The speakers are set to small, hoping the bass would go to the sub. The crossover is set to 80-100hz and the volume is at a respectable level. I was watching blue crush the other night and the sub was working fine at the beginning of the movie, 1/2 way through it just stopped pumping out the bass. I turned the receiver on/off and then the sub worked again.:mad:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.