AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bass in my current setup is decent enough for watching movies (Linn AV5140 L/R, AV5120 C, Linn Tukan rears). So I have avoided purchasing a subwoofer to not annoy my neighbors with deep bass and was wondering if a bass shaker mounted inside my couch will resonate such that it bothers the neighbors?

I was thinking of trying out two Aura Pro Bass Shakers first to see what kind of improvement they make and to see if they are noticable in the other units within my building.

Thanks,

Ryan

·
Registered
271 Posts
A bass shaker is not interchangable with a subwoofer. They are NOT the same thing. A bass shaker produces no sound, it strengthens the bass that you experience. A subwoofer produces both audible and tactile. The tactile side is usually far lacking unless the audible side is very high. The bass shakers are meant to supliment this portion to provide a flat frequency response so to speak.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yes, ciper's right.

The great thing about bass shakers is that they do "fill out" the subwoofer's sound - just like ciper said.

When I lived in an apartment, I too was trying to be a good, quiet neighbor. I added four regular (not "pro") shakers to my couch. Especially late at night, I appreciated the sensation of greater volume without the noise.

I never had a complaint from a neighbor.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.