AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of building a 6' x 8' x 12" tall rear riser made with full height i-joist and LVL products for the outside edge. I have seen some threads of installing the bass shakers toward the middle of the riser platform under the plywood (within the riser cavity).

My question would be how they would perform with this size platform if I would attach them along the outside rim board on the back side of the platform. That way I could easily access them if I need to. I have two of the Aura Pro Bass Shakers.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
I doubt you are going to get much of a bang for your buck. While I can't say I mounted Aura shakers to that size platform, I do have one mounted directly to each of my theater seats. I just don't see how you would get much of an impact and it would not be evenly spread across all the seats on the riser...unless you add more shakers.

I suggest mounting the Aura shakers directly to the seats....plus, this will allow you to disable the shaking if someone doesn't like the sensation on a chair-by-chair basis.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts