AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read countless threads and read lots of installation guides and I am still a litte confused on the installation of Aura Bass Shakers. I pretty much understand the wiring on the Bass Shakers. But I am not sure where the sub/amp comes into play. A lot of the advice I read on these forums says to get a seperate Amp to run the Bass Shakers so you control their volume seperate of my Recievers volume.

I will admit a lot of the terminology and stuff flies over my head when reading these forums, so hopefully I can get my question answered.

I currently have a Harmon Kardon AVR 210 Reciever and Polk PSW 450 Subwoofer.

As of right now, I use the "Sub Out" jack on the Reciever and plug that into the "Unfiltered In" on the sub. I connected my speakers based on my subwoofer's manual's suggestion. I have the "Speaker Out" on the Reciever connect to the "Speaker In" on the Sub. And the "Speaker Out" on my Sub physically connects to my Speakers.

Where exactly does the Amp come into play for my configuration?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hello. If you go to the subwoofer,bass transducer forum there is a thread there dedicated to buttkickers,buttshakers,transducers,or whatever you prefer to call them. The very first poster has a diagram and that should answer your question.

Basically, the subwoofer is connected to your receiver and then you can add a seperate stereo receiver or preferably a subwoofer amp. (can be purchased at partsexpress) to power the shakers. You would connect a y-cable (also purchased at partsexpress) to bridge between your main receivers subwoofer connection and the subwoofer amplifier.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.