AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For giggles I bought the Stryke BassZone Test CD. I kind of assumed that it would ship with instructions, but there were none in the package, none on their web site, and an email to the Stryke folks went unanwswered.

So the question is: what do I do with it?? Thanks . . .

(I did a search, and either my search stinks or this has not been asked/answered around here.)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes - Radio Shack SPL meter in hand.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Take the CD on in hand, the SPL meter in the other, look in the mirror, and accept the realization of what's become of your existance.

·
Registered
520 Posts
just kidding...:D

·
Registered
241 Posts
Now play the cd, starting at 80hz and working your way down to 20hz. Record each db value from the SPL meter on paper. The idea is to tame the humps. Filling in the gaps may cause more trouble than it solves.

It's as simple as that. The microphone on the SPL meter is a little off at different frequencies, so you will need to find the compensation table to adjust your numbers. Do a search here or at the HTF for the table.

Let us know how it goes.

You can also perform a search for subwoofer calibration and you should find plenty of info. Let us know how it goes.

Tim

·
Registered
429 Posts
You can measure now. However, to change things, you're gonna need an equalizer. Read this .

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great - thanks for the input - very helpful (uh, this does not apply to you, Mike Fenech :p ).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.