AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking about my MYHD HDTV card and how nice it would be if I could tell the MYHD card what programs to record tonight while I am at work that day. I already have a program (homeseer) that can take either email commands or commands from a www page and execute a batch file locally on the HTPC that has the MYHD card.

So does anyone know if the MYHD (or myirc) application can take command line options for recording? I saw the command line options for playback in the user manual but none for recording. I suppose I might be able to hack something together with girder but it would be much much easier if MYHD took command line options for this.

·
Registered
387 Posts
You can specify a recording by generating a .tvpi file with the show data. This is what titantv does, and the new EPG plugin for the myhtpc software. As for doing this remotely I am not sure if it would fully work, since it causes a window to pop up with recording options. Maybe there is a setting for autoconfirm in the myHD titantv helper application. Or possibly something with girder could be done too.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I was going to suggest the same thing, generate a "file.tvpi" file like this:

WGBHDT

digital

Clifford the Big Red Dog

Clifford eats all of the little children.

19:30

20:00

00:30

and in your batch file:

start file.tvpi

As stated below, I don't know of a way programmatically to grab a handle of the window that pops up and hit OK, nor do I know of a silent command to pass myHD to just accept the file.. Just thought I'd contribute the file syntax. If you come up with a way let me know, I've been trying to figure a way to do remote scheduling via my cellphone other than VNC :)

- Rob

·
Registered
75 Posts
search for RTVReco...don't know if it's still around. Runs (tiny) in your tray, looks for buttons you specify and hits 'enter' for you. Used to use it way back in phone modem days to keep connection up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.