AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I know this is a avs forum but figure I would throw this out for some help. I am finishing off the basement for my family room, bar/theater. I am also doing the bathroom and bedroom. I am just curious what people have found to be the most inexpensive and easiest option for a shower. Trying to have a decent bathroom but all the money I save there I can put in the theater!

·
Registered
153 Posts
In addition to my family room and rec room, I too am doing a bathroom remodel. We have a 36" free-standing shower in one corner. The shower is the first thing inside the door and we would definitely benefit from having an angle-corner shower.

When I priced them out the wife said "We already have a shower, I'd rather spend that much money elsewhere!" And this was just a basic - no frills shower.

I hit the local auction but they only had the high-end showers there and while they went for well under a grand at the auction it not only was more than we wanted to spend, but it was far too large.

I've looked at Lowe's and HD before but on a trip there a week or two back I thought I'd take another look. They had a 38" angle-corner frameless shower on closeout for UNDER two bills!! This was the base and the front glass. I still need to get the back walls which are a little more than that. Check your local store if that suits your need.

You could go with tile as your backwall which may or may not be less expensive and while I don't have an issue installing tile, I did not want to deal with the maintenance.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Must be thinking the same....I looked at that same unit today at my Home Depot. Just wasn't sure how hard it was to install and in the long run if I would be better off with just a normal bathtub/shower unit. Seemed like a great price on that one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts