AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Loved the game play. I was so worried it would control like a complete turd. Graphics look good. Not omg the best but good. I noticed the character with the most detail is Joker. Whats up with those security guards? They look like Xbox graphics. Not sure why it is a hit and miss with some areas in the game and people. I will give it the benefit of the doubt since it is a demo. Then again it could be me just being burned out with the Unreal engine since practically every game is using it.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
anxious to give this a try. Just not sure if this is a buy or a rental. Knowing my cheap ass, this will probably a rental. Maybe the old lady will want to play it after Infamous

·
Registered
3,346 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Z /forum/post/16961327

Is this the beat em up demo they've had on the PS3 at Target for at least the last month?

Dude, we're practically neighbors...

on topic, I'm glad there is a demo cause I am on the fence if I want this or not.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I played the demo twice now, and it's pretty fun, but short. The demo has a room where you fight two waves of inmates, and a little bit of stealth action as well. It's pretty much just a tutorial they give you, but at the same time, it definitely has me considering this game which I thought would be much more horrible than this.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thought this was going to be a terrible game but the demo sold me. First game really to do so. Great graphics (though I gotta say Batman looks like he's been hitting the HGH), intuitive controls, spot-on atmosphere.

I went and did the Amazon pre-order immediately after I finished the demo. Looking forward to the complete game.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
It was pretty sweet. I couldn't get past the stealth mode part before Harley Quinn my first attempt

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
wow, this game is pretty amazing... i thought it might be good, but i didnt think it would be this good.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I enjoyed the demo... Graphics and controls were great. I like the little cut scenes. I think they did a good job with how Batman fights as well as him using the gadgets, etc.

I am still not sure if this is a rental or I will wait for the price to drop. I still have a few other games I am slowly working on.

·
Registered
178 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey > work /forum/post/16964759

doesn't Eidos make this game? If so, this may be their first good game since gex: enter the gecko on ps

Eidos published the very first Tomb Raider back in '96, so maybe this will be their first good game since then.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I tried the demo from Steam. I thought it looked GREAT and played great, too.

Even at full-blown settings @1200p it wasn't all that demanding on my system so it seems to be programmed well. It plays with the 360 controller (even the menus change with the colored letter-buttons when you use it!) or KB/M without issues. It also does Achievements that count toward my GamerScore.

I assume this is SP-only? I can't see the MP being all that great if there is MP, but the SP was great. I'll try the 360 demo, too. IMO, I'll buy it but probably not at a full-blown new price.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven975 /forum/post/16965410

I tried the demo from Steam. I thought it looked GREAT and played great, too.

Even at full-blown settings @1200p it wasn't all that demanding on my system so it seems to be programmed well. It plays with the 360 controller (even the menus change with the colored letter-buttons when you use it!) or KB/M without issues. It also does Achievements that count toward my GamerScore.

I assume this is SP-only? I can't see the MP being all that great if there is MP, but the SP was great. I'll try the 360 demo, too. IMO, I'll buy it but probably not at a full-blown new price.

it uses the unreal engine so it's darn scalable for PCs.

1 - 20 of 172 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.