AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trailer...
http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/03/04/batman-arkham-knight-father-to-son-announcement-trailer

Update: Following the earlier leak, Game Informer has gone live with its cover reveal of Arkham Knight.

As you'd expect, the accompanying write-up corroborates much of what we said below. The Batmobile is explained as a "core element" of gameplay, which means a new area of Gotham larger than Arkham City will be revealed, including wider streets to accommodate the vehicle.

An accompanying video also explains the game takes place a year after the events of Arkham City. Game director Sefton Hill also says, "This is the natural end for the story. We really want to go out in style."

More details will be revealed in due course, which we'll be sure to keep you abreast of.

Original story: Sleuths at website VideoGamer.com discovered a listing for a game called Batman: Arkham Knight on the website of British retailer GAME. It appears that developer Rocksteady has indeed been working on a new Batman game, and it will launch later this year.

According to VideoGamer.com, the listing notes that Arkham Knight is the “explosive finale” to the revived Batman videogame series started by Rocksteady with 2009’s Batman: Arkham Asylum. Scarecrow, Penguin, Two-Face, and Harley Quinn are confirmed villains that will appear in the game.

Interestingly, the GAME listing also purportedly talks about “Rocksteady’s uniquely designed version of the Batmobile, which is drivable for the first time in the franchise.” It seems that the Batmobile will be usable in addition to the normal exploration found in previous iterations in the series (such as the ability to “soar across the skyline of the entirety of Gotham City”).

It was only days ago that word of a new Batman game started to leak via promotional items sent to game stores. It has long been rumored that Rocksteady was working on a next-gen Batman game, however, as WB Montreal took over Arkham duties with 2013's Batman: Arkham Origins, conceivably to give Rocksteady time to work on its new title.

The game is reportedly targeting PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. We hope to have more information for you very soon.

·
Registered
12,178 Posts
Instantly one of my most anticipated titles.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Great trailer, but I wanted to hear Kevin Conroy's voice.

(He previously hinted that he was working on an Arkham game that wasn't Arkham Origins, so presumably this is it. But I want to hear him.)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON  /t/1520954/batman-arkham-knight#post_24438326

Did I read that correctly!?

NO CROSS GEN!!!!
This may make me look like a jerk, but thank god for that. I am ready to see devs start using these new machines instead of just giving us upscaled versions of last gen games.

·
Registered
9,590 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner  /t/1520954/batman-arkham-knight#post_24438815

This may make me look like a jerk, but thank god for that. I am ready to see devs start using these new machines instead of just giving us upscaled versions of last gen games.

Same here, cross gen can die in a fire.

Tons of details gathered here.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=779120

·
Registered
1,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner  /t/1520954/batman-arkham-knight#post_24438815

Agreed, and I don't even own a PS4 yet. When I get one, I'll want next-gen games on it.

Were there any cross-gen titles during the last generation? I know there have been plenty of HD remasters of classic PS2 titles, but in the first year that the PS3 was available, were there games released in simultaneous PS2 and PS3 editions? (Same question applies for XBox 360 and the original XBox.)

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:

agreed

·
Registered
3,067 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415  /t/1520954/batman-arkham-knight#post_24439190

Kinda hoping we get an "HD" remaster of the first 3 games. Be nice to power thru them before playing this.
Never played any of 'em (yeah, I know) so I would agree

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
this sounds good if true..

For the predator sections you can now chain takedowns of up to four enemies. For instance pop out of a grate and take one guy, jump to the next and so on. You can now enter grates from a distance, he will automatically do a jump or roll to enter them

Gothom City is 5 times bigger than AC. Split into 3 areas. NO LOAD TIMES at all, entering buildings is seemless.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
 http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/04/arkham-knight-has-no-multiplayer-kevin-conroy-returns-as-batman

Batman: Arkham Knight will not have multiplayer, but it does feature the return of Kevin Conroy as Bruce Wayne, and many other interesting features new to the franchise.

Speaking in the new issue of Game Informer, Rocksteady game director Sefton Hill said, "This is a single-player game. There is no multiplayer Right at the start this was our vision. It's going to take all of our effort for all of this time. We don’t have the time to do multiplayer.”

Instead, Hill’s team plans “to focus on making the best single-player experience we can. We don't feel that it needs a multiplayer element. Warner Bros. backed that up right at the start.”

That's not all that's notable, though.

19:18Rewind Theater: Batman: Arkham Knight Debut Trailer

Set one year after Arkham City, Arkham Knight takes place in a more densely populated part of Gotham City, which is approximately five times the size of Arkham City. New generation hardware allows Rocksteady to bring more to its world, not the least of which is riots of 50 or more on-screen characters. “At any given time, there are between three to five times the number of thugs active in Gotham City than there were in Arkham City,” Tim Hanagan, lead AI and combat programmer, told Game Informer.

The addition of the Batmobile is another notable feature for Arkham Knight. The vehicle, which is drivable for the first time in the series, has immobilizing missles, can be summoned at any time, smashes through most objects, and can eject Batman at any time so he can glide or grapple around Gotham. Even Riddler’s challenges will take advantage of the Batmobile, which will, among other things, test your driving skills.

00:55Batman: Arkham Knight Announced for PS4, Xbox One and PC

The title Arkham Knight, oddly enough, does not refer to Bruce Wayne’s Batman, but another new nemesis Hill claims is a “formidable foe” that will “really challenge Batman to go head to head with him in lots of different ways.” Game Informer describes the villain as a “militarized” version of Batman, with the signature Arkham “A” plastered on his chest. He'll join the ranks of The Penguin, Two Face, and Harley Quinn, who's available as a playable character via pre-order.

For more on Arkham Knight and all things Batman, stay tuned to IGN.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Why doesn't batman teach the police how to fight like him so they are less useless?

Is Kevin Conroy not the voice of the previous games?

Are there going to be non-violent citizens roaming about the city as well? It would be cool to see non-thugs mixed in. Kind of like GTA random people.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd  /t/1520954/batman-arkham-knight#post_24442746

Why doesn't batman teach the police how to fight like him so they are less useless?

Batman is supposed to be one of the best hand-to-hand fighters in the world. He has skills that can't be readily taught.
Quote:
Are there going to be non-violent citizens roaming about the city as well? It would be cool to see non-thugs mixed in. Kind of like GTA random people.

What would prevent the player from having Batman beat up citizens? The point of GTA is that you can engage in all sorts of socially unacceptable behavior. The Arkham games aren't about that.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
The reference to GTA was just for the random people, not the gameplay. They can easily be immune to any damage from you. Just like any other NPC you encounter. The fact that we are going to be in a city now and not a prison, there should be actual people populating the city. If it's just populated with thugs it's going to feel like the only people that live there are thugs.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami  /t/1520954/batman-arkham-knight#post_24442135

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/04/arkham-knight-has-no-multiplayer-kevin-conroy-returns-as-batman

Speaking in the new issue of Game Informer, Rocksteady game director Sefton Hill said, "This is a single-player game. There is no multiplayer Right at the start this was our vision. It's going to take all of our effort for all of this time. We don’t have the time to do multiplayer.”

Instead, Hill’s team plans “to focus on making the best single-player experience we can. We don't feel that it needs a multiplayer element. Warner Bros. backed that up right at the start.”

This makes me so happy. So many games ruined by trying to introduce MP alongside single player.

Day one purchase for me. This franchise has never let me down.

·
Registered
12,178 Posts
E3 Gameplay

·
Registered
164 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd  /t/1520954/batman-arkham-knight#post_24442746

Is Kevin Conroy not the voice of the previous games?

He wasn't for Arkham Origins.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts