AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... Warner's finally gone and done it. They've officially announced the DVD release of Batman Begins for 10/18, as we've been expecting. You'll be able to buy a single-disc regular edition (SRP $28.98) and a 2-disc Deluxe Edition (SRP $30.97). Each will include the film in anamorphic widescreen video (2.40:1), with English and French Dolby Digital 5.1 audio. We believe there will be a full frame version of the regular edition as well.

We don't have all the details yet, but we do know that the 2-disc Batman Begins: Deluxe Edition will feature 8 documentaries (including Genesis of the Bat: Batman Incarnations from the Mid-1980s to the Present, The Journey Begins: Creative Concepts, Story Development and Casting, Shaping Mind and Body: Fighting Style, Gotham City Rises: Production Design, Cape and Cowl: The New Batsuit, The Tumbler: The New Batmobile, Path to Discovery: Filming in Iceland and Saving Gotham City: The Monorail Chase Sequence), several Confidential Files featurettes (broken into Characters and Weaponry), an interactive Inner Demons comic book, theatrical trailers, a photo gallery, Easter eggs and DVD-ROM features (including a Batman Begins "mobile game demo"). The set will also include an exclusive 72-page comic book containing 3 reprinted issues/stories that influenced the film (including Detective Comics #37, Batman: The Man Who Falls and Batman: The Long Halloween). There's no word yet on possible audio commentary, and additional extras are likely TBA.

www.thedigitalbits.com

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Will it have DTS like the other Batman re-releases? I hope it does otherwise, I will have to go outside R1 which it will most likely have.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
thedigitalbits.com say only Dolby Digital and no DTS. We'll see, of course on 10/18.

I'm more concerned with the authoring of the video due to all the dark scenes. Hope they're handled well...

·
Registered
28,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow331
Is this the first HD-DVD? Doesn't sound like it, but I thought it was going to be?
Warner Bros. is backing off its support for HD-DVD, and has postponed all of their announced titles until 2006 as they wait to see how format unification talks proceed.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Amazon has the BB Deluxe Edition for preorder for $15.98.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Sweet!

I know what I'm getting me for my b-day, the Deluxe Edition! (my b-day is 10/17)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow331
Is this the first HD-DVD? Doesn't sound like it, but I thought it was going to be? Why is this a $30 disc??
It's the MSRP (manufacturer's suggested retail price), which is always high for even standard DVDs ($26-30). Of course, anyone can find them cheaper than that. Batman Begins will be no exception.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.