AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I finally heard some theater sound that made me sit up straight. The LFE had my seat rumbling, my pants leg ruffling and my heart uh pounding. It was that good. I had never heard sound that good in a thearter. I don't know what they did but I hope they keep it up. I'm sending them a encouragement letter in that regard. This should be a great movie to pull out for PQ and AQ.

·
Registered
517 Posts
The theater I saw it at gave me the same reaction. It wasn't a Muvico system, however. I believe it was a Crown International Digital B-Chain and JBL ScreenArray system. The deep rumble from the first trailer made my shirt tremble...and brought a big smile to my face

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
I live in a pretty small town, and hearing others talk about worthy sound systems makes me a little jealous. Our local theaters don't place a lot of emphasis on "the presentation", so it takes a pretty big movie to get me to go see it at the theater. Most people around here just either don't know any better or don't care, which is a shame, because it doesn't give theater owners a reason to improve. We usually just wait for it to hit BD/DVD and listen to it at home. The bad part is, I actually like going to the movies, but would prefer them look and sound like they should.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AKA, I was smiling also. I told my wife twice that I'd never heard sound so good. It's a shame that there are so few places to go to hear good sound and see a good picture. It's ridiculous. Before going to a Muvico Theater, I was in the same boat that was named wait for the HD DVD or BD just like you SB1.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts