AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm attempting to pick up the digital signal from KLFY-DT 56 in Lafayette from my home in south Baton Rouge. I was wondering if any AVS members are from around the same area and if they have been able to receive the signal. I've installed the $20 Radio Shack yagi (15-2160) and even a preamp with little success.

If there are any South Louisiana HDTV viewers out there receiving KLFY please lend a hand.

Thanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The pre-amp I mentioned in the previous post was a $30 Radio Shack model and wasn't helping a bit. I went out to Lowe's and put down the money to purchase a Channel Master Spartan 3 preamp. Right off the bat I had a viewable picture.

The signal was in the mid 20's to low 30's with the previous set up but now I can get as high as a 65 on the meter from my Hughes HIRD E86. If the meter stays at 50 or above I get a good picture.

The antenna is the Radio Shack yagi (15-2160) mounted 20' off the ground. The pre-amp I already mentioned. I have few trees and a set of power lines in the direction of the tower. The land is pretty flat here in South Louisiana so topo is not a factor. The tower is some 67 miles away. I know that's pretty deep fringe but the CBS station here in town won't be digital for a while now and who knows how much longer they'll let the deadline slip.

I think someone already said it...about a million times. You get what you pay for. If you decide you need a pre-amp don't mess around and waste time. Just go get a good one and be done with it.:D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.