AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really enjoying this show. It has a great balance of drama and comedy. The entire cast is enjoyable.

BTW, the 3/15/15 episode "Man's Best Friend" showed a case that had two Barclay Plager hockey cards and an autographed puck. Anyone know of any St. Louis connections on the show?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have the first 3 episodes recorded, but have not had a chance to watch them yet. I want to give this show a try. Anyone else watching it??

·
Registered
14,549 Posts
I have the first 3 episodes recorded, but have not had a chance to watch them yet. I want to give this show a try.
Wait two more weeks and see if it's still on the air. Ratings started bad and got worse. It seems not even CBS viewers want to watch a cop show created a decade ago.

·
Registered
14,549 Posts
If it really was created a decade ago, that explains a lot.
I forget the exact details but you can probably find them online. This was an early Vince Gilligan concept that was left on the shelf and got dusted off by CBS after Gilligan became the Breaking Bad dude.

Reactions: Machuran

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
I forget the exact details but you can probably find them online. This was an early Vince Gilligan concept that was left on the shelf and got dusted off by CBS after Gilligan became the Breaking Bad dude.

"It's more embarrassing to say that I've never actually been to Battle Creek, Michigan," says the creator, who's largely handing over his 12-year-old project to showrunner David Shore.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/vince-gilligan-talks-battle-creek-719423

·
Registered
880 Posts
Like I said before, this makes a lot more sense, it does feel dated.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"I start an investigation, Milt, because I'm a cop. We're cops. That's what cops do. I smell something funny, I don't shrug and walk away, I try to figure out who farted." :D

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
He wrote it over 10 years ago. I think i read somewhere it was actually 12 years ago. CBS only picked it up once he had the name recognition from Breaking Bad. Otherwise he has nothing to do with the show, he's focused 100% on Better Call Saul.

·
Registered
880 Posts
He wrote it over 10 years ago. I think i read somewhere it was actually 12 years ago. CBS only picked it up once he had the name recognition from Breaking Bad. Otherwise he has nothing to do with the show, he's focused 100% on Better Call Saul.
That definitely makes more sense, this doesn't feel quite the same like his other shows.

·
Registered
548 Posts
good cast all around, but awfully boring show. I watched the episodes off dvr. They were just on. I zoned out and stopped paying attention. TV needs to continue to expand beyond the "someone killed in first 5 minutes, solve the murder every week" retread. It's a worn out genre.

·
Registered
880 Posts
good cast all around, but awfully boring show. I watched the episodes off dvr. They were just on. I zoned out and stopped paying attention. TV needs to continue to expand beyond the "someone killed in first 5 minutes, solve the murder every week" retread. It's a worn out genre.
Yeah, that's a procedural, but even by that standard, this feels tired and dated and the whole comedic buddy cop procedural thing going on, it doesn't really add anything new or stand out on its own.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Bring back the Western!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Really like this show, and I'm ready for some Westerns too. Can a few sit-coms and make room. Too bad this show is dead in the water because the cast is just now settling in on the characters.

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
I made it though one episode and dumped the entire series tonight, nothing grabbed me. I'm somewhat familiar with Battle Creek and this really had nothing to do with Battle Creek.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Cancelled. Sigh.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts