AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the Beta set to launch a month from now, I figured it's a good time to start a thread for it. I don't know how many PC BF gamers we have here, but I figured I could try to keep this first post updated with our battlelog IDs/new content.

Stay up-to-date with the latest BF4 news on the official Battlefield Blog and on MP1st (best site I've found so far for BF news).

Here's the Levolution Features trailer, along with the Paracel Storm trailer.

Official multiplayer launch trailer:

BF4 PC Requirements:

Minimum:

OS: Windows Vista SP2 32-Bit (With KB971512 Platform Update)

Processor: AMD Athlon X2 2.8 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz

Memory: 4 GB

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon 3870, Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT

Graphics Memory: 512 MB

Hard Drive: 30 GB

Recommended

Processor: AMD Six-Core CPU, Intel Quad-Core CPU

Memory: 8 GB

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon 7870, Nvidia Geforce GT 660

Graphics Memory: 3 GB

Battlelog IDs.

moob
mphfrom77
tumult

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I heard the requirements are basically the same as BF3.

·
Registered
10 Posts
got to play this at e3. it was the siege of shanghai map. it was still in alpha, so it was a bit glitchy, but overall the experience was amazing. very intense. definitely what you would expect from bf. cannot wait for this to come out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
In my opinion, video cards refresh have been poor for thsi last 1.5 year. I do have a gtx 580 on on 30 inch hp screen and bf3 was is fun at full resolution. I am lloking for 2014 cards as or the next gen cards as many greats games are coming next years (at least for me).

I usually wait for 2 generations to upgrade. This time, i might just upgrade the video cards instead of a full system. Bf4 looks great as a continuation of bf3. I wished they would do a follow up fron bf2142 as it was my favorite with the the titans...

Yan

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
I can't wait. I still have many friends that play BF3 together and can't wait for BF4! Also GTA V and NHL 14 will be time takers as well!

·
Registered
375 Posts
I can't freaking wait! I need more friends with mic's! What game types do you guys typically play? I usually stick to rush, CTF, or conquest but can dig most others as well. Running a gtx 680 ftw but might have to grab another/sli for launch!

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
I generally only play Conquest and CTF. I never play TDM or scavenger etc. Our clan of guys were playing other clans for money up until a few months ago, as there are way to many hacks to bother anymore. I love playing for money. Everyone that wants in put in either $10 or $20 and winner takes all. It's better than gambling since the outcome is not left to chance. I hope we do the same in BF4...

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Like you guys, it's pretty much only Conquest/Conquest Domination for me. I played the other modes for the Assignments, and I'll play SQDM once in a while if my friends are on, but nothing beats going for flags.

I know it's not going to happen, but I wish that with BF4 people pay more attention to the mini-map/what's being said by the characters. I can't tell you how many times I end up running in front of ammo guys knifing them in the face trying to get them to drop ammo, yelling at them with no luck. Or how many medics I see just run over my dead body. Or people not spotting...

Don't forget to add your Battlelog IDs...if you want.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Official BF4 requirements: http://mp1st.com/2013/09/09/battlefield-4-pc-system-requirements-revealed/

Minimum:

OS: Windows Vista SP2 32-Bit (With KB971512 Platform Update)

Processor: AMD Athlon X2 2.8 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz

Memory: 4 GB

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon 3870, Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT

Graphics Memory: 512 MB

Recommended

Processor: AMD Six-Core CPU, Intel Quad-Core CPU

Memory: 8 GB

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon 7870, Nvidia Geforce GT 660

Graphics Memory: 3 GB

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Beta preload available now. 5.6GB for those interested.

64-bit only as well. The full game will support 32-bit for the 1 gamer out there with it.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Tried the beta and super unplayable for me even at low settings using tri 5870s, prob since its a beta and it still needs optimization in the game code and vid driver support. Even tho I thought I would never get another radeon card, I just odered an Gigabyte 7990. The price was too good to pass up. In Canada it was over $400 off at NCIX for their weekly special. The three 5870s were getting a little long on the tooth. It was a choice of a Nvidia 690 or a Radeon 7990 and cost won out.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'll be trying it on my Titan this weekend and can report framerates -- personally I prefer 120+ Hz compared to choppy 60 fps. Will see what the Titan can do. (Very disappointed that Tomb Raider at 2560x1440 drops below 30 fps in certain outdoor areas.)

I'm not aware of ANY 4-way Titan performing better then 3-way. Both nVidia and AMD recognize they have MAJOR scaling issues with multi-GPU setups for gaming. Hopefully we'll see some better optimized drivers.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Hawkwing and MSmith83

I been buying a lot airsoft guns, over 15 rifles and 12 pistols and a ton of gear... a lot of money spent (wasted?). Also playing a lot of World of Tanks which the 5870s worked OK for since the game only uses one card and the game is not super demanding that I needed to get a Titan(s) for. All the other games I played didn't need anything more powerful than triple 5870s. I just didn't see the need for anything more powerful than what I was already running. I knew I needed a vid card(s) update soon and BF4 is the game that provide me with an excuse for upgrading.

·
Registered
518 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylestrat  /t/1488464/battlefield-4#post_23701966

In my opinion, video cards refresh have been poor for thsi last 1.5 year.

I usually wait for 2 generations to upgrade. This time, i might just upgrade the video cards instead of a full system. Bf4 looks great as a continuation of bf3. I wished they would do a follow up fron bf2142 as it was my favorite with the the titans...

Yan

You can partially blame TMSC for causing the GPU vendors to stall from last fall to this spring as TMSC had major problems moving to 28nm.

·
Registered
8,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker  /t/1488464/battlefield-4#post_23797917

Hawkwing and MSmith83

I been buying a lot airsoft guns, over 15 rifles and 12 pistols and a ton of gear... a lot of money spent (wasted?). Also playing a lot of World of Tanks which the 5870s worked OK for since the game only uses one card and the game is not super demanding that I needed to get a Titan(s) for. All the other games I played didn't need anything more powerful than triple 5870s. I just didn't see the need for anything more powerful than what I was already running. I knew I needed a vid card(s) update soon and BF4 is the game that provide me with an excuse for upgrading.

I hear ya in that other hobbies tend to get in the way.

It's good to know that you're doing well.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
DICE net code
you just got to luv it, the game today works fine with my triple 5870s set at AUTO at 1920x1200 which it didn't do before. I am getting my ass kicked since I haven't played a twitch shooter in a while

1 - 20 of 130 Posts