Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
That is one sweet trailer!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Looks great, thanks for posting oktoberrust!

In case anyone missed it, here is the E3 2009 Multiplayer Trailer which is just as awesome.

I never really gave this series a chance, but since I've been so hooked to Battlefield 1943, figured this one is worth keeping an eye on

·
Registered
9,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey > work /forum/post/17021882

I'm not surprised. This game will own all

lol, this is funny

·
Banned
7,766 Posts
"I didn't care much for the BC demo but at $20 I may have to give it a 2nd try."

The demo didn't grab me either when it came out. Later I picked up the game when it dropped to $30, and then played through the single-player 3 times in rapid succession, it was so good. Then I spent another 20 hours playing the multi-player.

Even though I have it on disc, I am seriously considering getting rid of it and just grabbing it off Games On Demand so that the multi-play is always just there ready to play without me having to swap discs around.

·
Registered
174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII /forum/post/17024192

Aren't both trailers just concept CGI?

That's exactly why I am never overly interested in game trailers. The day they make the in game graphics look exactly like the trailer then I may re-think this. I am still hopeful this game will be good though. Like many others, I never got into Bad Company because I did not like the feel and gameplay of the demo. Compared to previous Battlefield games.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames /forum/post/17022534

mark - You need to buy Bad Company off Games On Demand. The multiplayer is really quite good.

I tried the demo the other night and really enjoyed the single player demo (multiplayer was not available). I was amazing on how close it "feels" to 1943, apparently they are using a similar gameplay engine which might explain it. It was very cool to get that feel with modern weapons and vehicles and am seriously considering purchasing it

Overall, do you think the game is worth it just for the single player mode? Even if it multiplayer is enjoyable for me, I can't see myself switching and taking time away from 1943 which I love. I never enjoyed playing online FPS's but 1943 was the exception for me. I think mainly due to the simplified/streamlined format and focus on team play, not kill/death ratio, just curious how BC compares to that multiplayer experience...

·
Banned
3,899 Posts
there's a lot of hatred on this board regarding bc. I'm glad people are seeing the light. It's not call of duty 4 which is what people seem to compare it to. For $20, this game is an amazing purchase. And you're right, it plays exactly like 1943 except more weapons, vehicle variety. I can't wait for the new one and operation flashpoint 2

·
Registered
3,941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_j /forum/post/17033072

Overall, do you think the game is worth it just for the single player mode? Even if it multiplayer is enjoyable for me, I can't see myself switching and taking time away from 1943 which I love. I never enjoyed playing online FPS's but 1943 was the exception for me. I think mainly due to the simplified/streamlined format and focus on team play, not kill/death ratio, just curious how BC compares to that multiplayer experience...

It's worth $20 alone for the multiplayer. I didn't play it much before 1943, but fired it up after 1943 and loved it. It is 1943 with modern weapons and helicopters instead of planes. Graphics are a lot better too.

Just watch out for games with lag - back out and join a new one.

And the trailer for the new BF:BC looks great. Whether it's in-game or not, it's not the same stupid humor found in the first one. Looks a lot more serious.

·
Registered
484 Posts
So its OF2 vs BC2 vs MW2 for this round of war shooters.

Looks like we got ourselves a Good, Bad and Ugly showdown

·
Banned
7,766 Posts
mark - The weapons in Bad Company are so much better in Bad Company than in 1943.
I liked the multi in BC alot more than what I tried of 1943.

Also, I went through the single player 3 times in rapid succession. The game is hilarious, and never punishes you for failing which is awesome. You died? Oh well. Here, spawn 200ft away and try again. All the guys that you killed before dying are still dead.

Oh, and ballen is crazy. Bad Company is pretty hilarious in it's story telling. The trailers so far have been all multiplay. The single player will still follow our favorite trio from Bad Company 1, in quite probably the same humorous manner.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Thanks everyone for the comments, you convinced me to pick up the game last night

I played completed first mission and having lots of fun already. Only thing I'm missing is the red arrows!
In all seriousness, they are not really necessary but it's hard to tell if you completed the kill and where the enemy is going because you have keep checking the radar, but I'm sure I'll get used to it...

For anyone else who's on the fence, I think at $20 you can't go wrong and it's well worth it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.