AVS Forum banner

Battlefield Bad Company Discussion Thread

12K views 201 replies 65 participants last post by  whiskey > work 
#1 ·
Thought we should get a thread going to discuss this game and help consolidate all discussions here. I am definitely picking this up. Loved the demo, loved the humor, thought it was solid. Really looking forward to this game.

#2 ·
I too was quite surprised with it. I was expecting a lot worse after reading people's inputs about the Beta.

I love the sound after I figured out I needed to turn it to "Home Cinema" in the sound settings. I like how the weapons sound when you are shooting in the open versus shooting between buildings or inside. They sound a lot like the real deal as well so that's a definite plus. And my favorite sound in the game is the sound of the tank shooting it's cannon. Jarring.

I've encountered a little bit of lag here and there but not much to really dampen the gameplay. Sometimes I'll shoot a vehicle with a tank and theirs a 1-2 second delay. Hopefully they get the retail version sped up.

Graphics look really good to me. Not COD4 smooth but close. Not Frontlines crappy with grass that grows as you walk.

I think the destruction element works really well. I like how you can't destroy every single thing. You still need some cover! I love how you can be shooting at a guy in a building and blow away the walls around them and then charge in. Surprises the hell out of them.

It's a definite buy for me when it comes out.

#3 ·
I'm buying this too. I love the game. I have about 10k in points and just started playing a few days ago. I've played the ^%$# out of it.

#4 ·
Single player sold me on this one. Shotguns and snipers are cheap online, but still fun.

#6 ·
no prone while sniping? what kind of game is this?

#8 ·
I too liked the game very much...it was nothing but a flame war in the last thread I had read about the demo.

I DO have a few issues with the game...I hope they fix...

Some friends and I ran as a squad on Saturday night....I REALLY like the game but still have a few issues with it.. The COM system still sucks....As I said we were in a squad... and heard eachother all the way until the match started. I had to back out and re-start the room....

It looks as if you can only run a 3-4 man squad...I REALLY hope this is not the case...of course, I look at it as Gears, our clan rarely went ranked. For Clan purposes this is completely ok, as long as we can all get together and shoot the ****, before or after the match. This, right now, does not appear to be so. There does not appear to be a lobby or "dead room" a'la' Gears or COD

Ranked matches are considerably tougher...I DO hate snipers sooooo much, but that is part of the game, and not necessarilly a deal breaker for me.

There is quite the learning curve...(maybe just for me and my A.D.D.....) choosing a weapon and class is running through a whole menu BEFORE the match starts. Then while ingame, you need to cycle through, (which is it?? Rt Block? or Lt Block? Rt Trigger? or Lt trigger? D-Pad?? Back Button?)

#11 ·
#13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd /forum/post/14119204

no prone while sniping? what kind of game is this?

I love it. Personally I think the Recon kit should be removed or atleast only have default sniper gun (the bolt action one that takes 2 seconds to reload). I hate them having basically an automatic silent sniper gun with no death cam. To many people pick that and just camp far away from the base and not help out. And if I notice they're not helping out I spawn behind them and shank them.

#14 ·
#15 ·
#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 /forum/post/14132386

I can already see this being used in the retail game to rank up and get the new weapons faster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b03kR6QOfBk

That glitch was also in Battlefield 2, though they patched it up... so I surprised to see it in their new game. However dice/EA has been pretty good about getting rid of glitch users...when someone gets 11000 points in a round, it's not too hard to figure out that it's not legit.

#19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyPraze /forum/post/14138024

Anyone?

battlefield bc doesnt have any parachutes, though frontlines does.... i love climbing to the top of some oil refinery stacks, sniping a few guys, then base jumping off.

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd /forum/post/14138108

battlefield bc doesnt have any parachutes, though frontlines does.... i love climbing to the top of some oil refinery stacks, sniping a few guys, then base jumping off.

If I'm not mistaken, when you die doesn't it parachute you in depending on which spawn point you pick? Or am I getting that confused with some other demo I tried recently?

#22 ·
They got rid of parachuting for balancing purposes. They didn't want people doing into the bases. That's what the new "spawn with your squad" feature is for.

Same with the prone. Balances out the sniper kit with the others. Just use bushes and ditches. They conceal you really well.

#24 ·
This is a day 1 buy for me. I at first was iffy but trying out the demo I instantly fell in love. I was a HUGE BF2 on PC fanatic and for consoles this seems a good transition. I tried the demo for BF:MC and wasn't too impressed. It's probably the destructible environments
I just wished people would stop team killing for the artillery gun and chopper

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.