AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1997 Posts

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a list of people on AVS with the game and their relatively recent status:

1. AVS - dogdoctor PSN - dogdoctor ****

2. AVS - Martez PSN - Tezasaurus ***

3. AVS - Dan C OSG PSN - onemoretry ****

4. AVS - KingShorty PSN - KingShorty ****

5. AVS - SK3_Owens PSN - SK3_Owens ****

6. AVS - Cruze808 PSN - Cruze808 ****

7. AVS - Instantpop PSN - Machines *

8. AVS - Wardenclyffe PSN - Wardenclyffe ****

9. AVS - RoguishClyde PSN - Roguishclyde ****

10. AVS - zapa4vr PSN - TW-NdPrOnE ****

11. AVS - The Wise Guy PSN - The_Wise_Guy

12. AVS - Sundull PSN - Sundull *

13. AVS - aquasal PSN - aquasal *

14. AVS - DarrellG PSN - HazeDG13 ***

15. AVS - Iguana PSN - Iguana775 ***

16. AVS - Reefbone PSN - Reefbone *

17. AVS - thematrix49 PSN - thematrix49 **

18. AVS - BobbiDigital PSN - BeDiGiTaL07 ***

19. AVS - ppshooky PSN - Shook-Yang **

20. AVS - Guinn3sS PSN - Gu1nnesS13 **

21. AVS - Grand Sport PSN - Grand_Sport (

·
Registered
525 Posts
I am up for that idea..be like AVS Warhawk Wednesdays but for Bad Company. They need the damn private rooms and clans..but we can still do the squad invite thing till then. Anybody wanting to add me to their friends list to play some BFBC, do so.. my ID is in my sig

·
Registered
56 Posts
Heck's yes. I'm in:

PSN ID: themetalyears

I believe the way it works is that BEFORE you join a game, you can invite your squad, i.e., people from your friends list, and then you all join the game together. Someone correct me if that's just plain tomfoolery.

Er...what time does this shindig begin?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oops, I guess I should start putting my PSN ID out there. It's in my sig, now.

edit: As for time to start, I think we should just say the earliest we could be on, and we'll average it out around everybody's schedule. I hope to be playing all afternoon and evening, so I'll just be sitting online all day

Also, I'm not sure if my mic will work. Friday will be the test run I guess. Might have to run up to Best Buy on Saturday.

·
Registered
393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martez /forum/post/14165825

Oops, I guess I should start putting my PSN ID out there. It's in my sig, now.

+ 1

Please feel free to send me an invite . Note Battlefield - Mics only please.

·
Registered
393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar1 /forum/post/14165780

Heck's yes. I'm in:

Er...what time does this shindig begin?

I usually don't get playing until after 11 on weekend nights. The wife goes to bed early during the week so honestly a Thursday would be better for me.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, I'm writing down everybody's name so I can add them tomorrow. Everyone feel free to add me. And yeah, mics only- part of the point of this is so we have a group of people who are willing and able to communicate while playing. If you don't have a mic....well, get one

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So there's a vote for Thursday nights instead of Friday. What is everyone's availability then?

Also, is there a way to group friends on the XMB? It'd be nice to be able to group my buddies by the forum they're from

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Box says 24 player online, so I guess 12?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martez /forum/post/14166170

Box says 24 player online, so I guess 12?

I was just worried that it could only be 4 or 5 people per squad. That's great that it's 12.

·
Registered
393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundull /forum/post/14166097

I can do Thursday or Friday. Also, how many can be in a squad?

Pretty sure it's 12 per team and 4 per squad. Thats at least the way the auto generated games were breaking down last night.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefbone /forum/post/14166201

Pretty sure it's 12 per team and 4 per squad. Thats at least the way the auto generated games were breaking down last night.

So does that mean that you can only invite 3 people to your squad/party?

·
Registered
393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martez /forum/post/14166062

Also, is there a way to group friends on the XMB? It'd be nice to be able to group my buddies

If wishes were horses...
It would be a nice feature though.

·
Registered
393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefbone /forum/post/14166201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundull /forum/post/14166212

So does that mean that you can only invite 3 people to your squad/party?

Probably could invite more but maybe only 3 could join. I dunno honestly.. I'm just speculating at this point.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Right, 4 per squad, 12 per team. So it means we'll most likely be thrown to all heck and back into different teams on different servers, but at least within the squad it will be AVS members.

At least ... that's my hope.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hm, well even that could be interesting, too. A four-man squad that is talking to each other and working as a team can get a lot done. Back in BF2 it would just be me and one other guy and we could dominate a control point, pinch a helicopter with RPG fire, etc etc. And even if it does throw us around, if we are still in 4-man AVS squads that could be fun too, changing up who we're playing with and whatnot.

·
Registered
256 Posts
yea i thinks it only 3 or 4 on squad, but anyone try a custom game might be better to try and get a larger group together that way, havent messed with it yet though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've seen 2- and 4-man squads dominate in this game. A coordinated 4-man squad is a deadly force, especially when you toss in the ability to spawn "on" living squad-mates. One guy hides, the other three endlessly spawn on him to take out or defend a crate or control a choke-point.

1 - 20 of 1997 Posts