AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The mic SUCKS in this game......Is anyone having good communication in this game? First off no one seems to talk (I've seen about 3 names total talking in 15 matches or so and its mostly just background noise)..........Second, I have no idea if mine is working. There is no indicator to say I am talking, is it open mic? Anyone know how to contact EA or whoever to ask them to address the issue of not showing your name when you talk?

It sucks because the game is excellent, but it really requires communication, like the support roles and stuff.
edit: EA has acknowledged some of the issues, see my post later in the thread for details:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...7&postcount=10

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
It's open mic, but it seems like no matter what your mic is, it will randomly stop working and you have to restart the game to get it going again. It is a pain in the ass, but I assume it's a weird glitch that will get patched soon.

It is a great game, the real problem is getting more than 4 friends on the same match and same team.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macd23 /forum/post/14180239

(I've seen about 3 names total talking in 15 matches or so and its mostly just background noise)

Just note, that since mics are set by the squad you are in (4 people), even in a room of 12 you will only hear from maximum 3 mics at any time. As for your mic not lighting up, I 100% agree. Thus with mics going out all the time, your in the norm for only hearing a few people talking. Contact EA at EA.com...

If you haven't checked already, check your game stats after registering with EA at http://badcompany.ea.com/ for a free weapon. There are 5 ways to get a different new weapon.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With all due respect I could care less about free weapons right now. The game is being crippled by HORRIFIC communcation support issues,.

Squad only chat? Retarded. This is a team based communication based game, they dropped the ball big time. How do I know what squad I am in? I have a handful of friends that enjoyed the demo but refuse to buy until they address mic/comm issues. Sad. They are losing a lot of money on this too.

Anyway I found their forums, everyone is complaining about it, anyone here who cares please register and voice your concerns so they patch it.

main forums:
http://forums.ea.com/mboards/categor...categoryID=148

mic thread:
http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread....70962&tstart=0

petition for TEAM based chat:
http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread....72404&tstart=0

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I'll register and complain. I want it fixed pronto.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macd23 /forum/post/14180456

With all due respect I could care less about free weapons right now. The game is being crippled by HORRIFIC communcation support issues.

macd23, No offense taken...I just figured if you had to log on to EA to create an account you might want to take advantage of that too. I'm not making light of the current problem. I would like it to be like Resistance: Squad of 4 = open mic, if you wish to talk to remaining 8 or less on the team = push to talk. I'll post my concerns opinions tomorrow. Thanks for finding the links.

They should aslo color coordinate who is on what squad during when you check the points. At the end of the match the names listed with you (if you noticed max 4) is the squad you were on, they just didn't tell you before that.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macd23 /forum/post/14180456

I have a handful of friends that enjoyed the demo but refuse to buy until they address mic/comm issues. Sad. They are losing a lot of money on this too.

Now don't you take offense at this but I find the above statement sad. If they liked the demo - the game currently is the same thing, with the same comm issues. I can see where they are coming from in not buying it, but it plays just like the demo. I liked the demo, I like the game. It has issues, but it's not like it's going to keep me from playing it. Yes they need to be fixed, but my attitude is that we'll all post and wait and in the end it will be like the phrase "it is what it is", until they change it. Which will be hopefully soon!

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdoctor /forum/post/14181107

Now don't you take offense at this but I find the above statement sad. If they liked the demo - the game currently is the same thing, with the same comm issues. I can see where they are coming from in not buying it, but it plays just like the demo. I liked the demo, I like the game. It has issues, but it's not like it's going to keep me from playing it. Yes they need to be fixed, but my attitude is that we'll all post and wait and in the end it will be like the phrase "it is what it is", until they change it. Which will be hopefully soon!

They enjoyed the demo with the qualifier that the mics and communication were non existant, and that it would be fixed. It wasn't, and still isn't. They are Warhawk guys and recognize the significance of communication for this game. Therefore they won't buy it until its acceptable. Can't blame them really.

Lets be honest, communication is ZERO in this game right now. Its just everyone running around doing their own thing and it sucks. I have needed health or a repair so many times and not been able to get it because I have no idea where the support guys are. Or vice versa.

Dice are a bunch of morons for gimping THE most important part of the multiplayer game. What the hell were they thinking?????

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdoctor /forum/post/14181064

macd23, No offense taken...I just figured if you had to log on to EA to create an account you might want to take advantage of that too. I'm not making light of the current problem. I would like it to be like Resistance: Squad of 4 = open mic, if you wish to talk to remaining 8 or less on the team = push to talk. I'll post my concerns opinions tomorrow. Thanks for finding the links.

They should aslo color coordinate who is on what squad during when you check the points. At the end of the match the names listed with you (if you noticed max 4) is the squad you were on, they just didn't tell you before that.

People in your are showed as light blue on the scoreboard and are light blue squares on the radar.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like EA is finally listening. This is linked right on the front page of the main website:

Quote:
Your feedback matters

7/1/2008

We are very aware of the different issues you have told us you find most important.

We are happy to see that so many of you are playing Battlefield: Bad Company and having so much fun. The level of community interest in this game and its features is really visible, also through the amount of feedback various members of the development team have been receiving through their Live accounts, Facebook, emails, phone calls, faxes (People still use those??) on our forums and all the other channels out there.

Our Bad Company developers have been working a lot in the last two years and, we have managed to produce a game that we are very proud of. Even with the game already in stores, we would like to let you know that we are reading and listening to all of your feedback.

Right now the team is working on creating the Conquest game mode for Battlefield: Bad Company together with the conversion of the maps to go with it. The Conquest Pack is currently going through testing and certification.

We are very aware of the different issues you have told us you find most important. Therefore as soon as we’re done with the above there are several other points of your feedback which we’ll continue to investigate, without currently being able to say with certainty whether or not we will be able to include them. These include, but are not limited to:

* Clan support/private rooms/team chat

* Auto balancing on servers

* Continued support against stats exploits

* VOIP issue on PS3 (working with Sony on this)

* Squads might be split up when joining a server as a squad. This is due to team balancing in the games that are being joined, and usually resolves itself in round 2.

/The Battlefield: Bad Company team
http://badcompany.ea.com/news/entryid/24091/

·
Registered
56 Posts
Great news on those potential fixes.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The first step is public acknowledgement, which they've done. Now we know they know. I'd imagine they will get to work on this and have a fix soon (in the next couple of weeks), word of mouth and the internet cannot be helping their sales, because I know several people holding off because of the chat issues.

·
Registered
393 Posts
The shucking the VOIP issue on Sony worries me a little bit. Not that Sony won't help work it out but finger pointing is never a good sign. To me it indicates counter productive corporate politics at work. (First hand experience)

·
Registered
8,070 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefbone /forum/post/14200438

The shucking the VOIP issue on Sony worries me a little bit.

Since nearly (if not all) games on PS3 end up with VoIP issues Sony seems a logical starting point. After all their code is working on the other system.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Voice over IP

1 - 17 of 17 Posts