1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
549 Posts
i thought I read that there was going to be a TRUE BF3. Hopefully there will be and this is a just an attempt to make $$$ while they develop a new engine!!

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
They did the past. They did the present. They did the future. Seems like a perfectly good way to go with the next game in the series. If the game plays like BF2 and the engine is well-formed I will definitely be on this.

I don't know if I would expect a "BF3" like you guys are talking about. The PC game market is imploding. The only games that make money are MMOs, Valve, and Blizzard games. It doesn't make sense to sink a gazillion dollars into another BF2-style game for a rapidly dwindling audience. With this and Bad Company it seems clear EA is trying to move the franchise away from its roots.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Well I guess there's good and bad....

The good - We don't have to shell out 50$ to beta test their terribly written software.

The bad - Advertising will likely be totally ridiculous. (I can picture having to watch 2 minutes of ads between rounds or something and then 2 more minutes halfway through a round). I'm also guessing there will LOTS of stuff that you can actually buy with real cash (though they have stated that no purchases will change the balance of the game).

I'm guessing this is a quickly put together project to test the waters of what they can get away with.

I'd love to be wrong but come on, this IS EA we're talking about here!

-Trouble

·
Banned
7,766 Posts
What am I giving away? Oh yeah, two keys to the beta for Battlefield Heroes! I got them a couple weeks ago at PAX, but am just now getting to go through my swag.

Don't PM me. Just reply here saying you want them and I will send them out to the first two people that call dibs. I played it myself last night and found it to be rather fun.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm in if you still have one. Thanks.

·
Registered
549 Posts
if there is still one available, I'd love to jump in the beta!

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Here are some keys I have for the beta, it's going to end soon so use them while you can and level up your character for the release.

All I ask is if you use a key please post here so someone else doesn't try to use it as well. Also, we'll be opening two BF:H servers when it's launched.

F6ALA-R37DT-L559D-59810

391EL-RTLB3-R4LDL-TA9B1

6H8E0-HDRLR-5315B-RHRL0

4F14F-AFTFE-9BHRL-AE4F1

88852-29T95-LR97E-BTLT9

·
Registered
18,843 Posts
Gave it a shot. Does this one have resolution adjustments? I can't seem to find any. It always is stuck in low-res for me. Even Quake Live! lets me play in 1920x1200.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yes it does, it is in your options somewhere.

I downloaded and installed it on my laptop. Works ok at 1280x800 on second worst textures.

HOWEVER, I went to install it on my gaming HTPC and the play it now button is not there and there are "get beta code" section. It used to have a play it now button yesterday (from my laptop).

Any one else see the Play it Now button?

·
Registered
18,843 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eminence55 /forum/post/16732994

Yes it does, it is in your options somewhere.

I downloaded and installed it on my laptop. Works ok at 1280x800 on second worst textures.

HOWEVER, I went to install it on my gaming HTPC and the play it now button is not there and there are "get beta code" section. It used to have a play it now button yesterday (from my laptop).

Any one else see the Play it Now button?

I figured it out. You need to go to the website and get the updates. As for the "Play it now" button, you need to be on the website, but I can never seem to connect to a game no matter how many times I try.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts