AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here's the story. I have the HTPC setup on my Sammy DLP. I found some threads on here that instructed how to get the graphics on bf1942 to the native res of 1280 x 720. I altered the video.con file, made it read only, and the game looked beautiful. Loved it. Played it for a week like this. Well, I installed the Desert Combat mod, but I had some difficulties with the textures. On many of the maps (but only in certain areas of the map) the playing field disappeared - actually it turned entirely white and I couldn't make any objects out. I did some research and found through some other threads that this is an issue with nvidia graphics cards. Well, guess what? I have an nvidia card. So updating the drivers was to take care of the problem. Did that (driver version 53.03) and don't have the texture issue anymore - but my graphics are crap. The game resolution looks horrible. I checked my video.con file and it still states 1280 x 720. I even went through all of the video.con and videocustom.con and changed the res to 1280 x 720. No luck. The game still looks like crap. Can anyone please offer some advice as to how I can get my graphics back?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I messed with this for some time before getting it to work. It is probably reverting to 640x480 because it doesn't think it can handle 1280x720. I ended up making a custom monitor driver for my Sanyo Z2 with powerstrip. Once I had the custom monitor driver, BF1942 was happy and would play at 1280x720.

Rob

·
Registered
979 Posts
alt.games.battlefield1942 has had discussion on this problem. Doesn't seem to be a resolution setting issue, but the new nvidia driver. Most people seemed to resolve it by rolling back to the older 43.23 (I think that was the number). I did that but still have the exact same problem. It is not reverting to 640x480. It is something else.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I'm using old 4x.xx nvidia drivers and not having many problems with my sammy (after making a driver for it with powerstrip, of course).

It's too bad that one of the features being touted in the newer (5x.xx) drivers is hdtv compatibility :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.