AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am late to the Battlestar Galactica revival party and am trying to catch up on Netflix. Someone please help me out:

I am knee deep in Season 2 right now and am not sure what is up with season 3.

Is UniversalHD playing Season 3 from the beginning or are these new unreleased epsidoes?

Does UniHD play the first run episodes at the same time as SciFi network?

thanks

·
Registered
19,229 Posts
No, they do not play them at the same time as SciFi.

This Sat they will be running the "where we left off" show summing up S1&S2 and then they will run S3 from the beginning next week, catching up and overtaking SciFi, straight through to the end of S3.

I know others don't like the wait, but I prefer it better this way.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
No, the second half of season 3 starts on Sci-Fi this coming Sunday, the 21st.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
It all depends on what you want to do. If you absolutely insist on watching BSG in HD only, then tune in on Universal HD (or DVR it) and watch the episodes there, and stay off the forums here to avoid any potential spoilers.

Some of us are watching it on both SciFi and UniHD so that we can: a) keep current with the storyline, b) go back to watch the earlier S3 episodes (in HD) to catch all the nuances that are lost from the SciFi channel version.

Not really a spoiler, but the visual effects from the episode "Exodus, Part II", should be outstanding in HD!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, I looked over the websites and with the help here I think I have it figured out.

SciFi has the first-run episodes airing Sundays at 10pm. The second half of Season 3 is starting up.

On UniversalHD they are airing the beginning of Season 3 starting January 27.

I would prefer to watch them in glorious HD and widescreen so I will just wait for season 3 on UnivHD.

Thanks everyone for the help!

·
Registered
2,237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by humdinger70 /forum/post/0

Not really a spoiler, but the visual effects from the episode "Exodus, Part II", should be outstanding in HD!

Indeed they are. That episode is nominated for a Visual Effects Society award in the Outstanding VFX for a Broadcast Program category, and the VFX supervisor gave a presentation on it this weekend as part of the awards "bake-off".

The HD version of the show was screened on a Christie Digital Cinema projector on a screen that was at least 40' wide. Looked VERY nice. The VFX crew on that show does an amazing job. Better than a lot of feature films.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Finally got around to watching 2 recordings I made last Sat. night from what I guess is season 1. There were 2 separate 2-hour blocks with the Guide descriptions different for each listing. The episodes didn't carry a title, just a "Part 1 of two" for the first and "Conclusion" for the second.

What confuses me is that the content of each was identical. Anyone else catch these shows who can explain to me what happened? Was there a programming error by UHD, or what?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospect60 /forum/post/0

I think what you saw was one half of the pilot miniseries originally aired as two 2-hour episodes. There was a screwup in many of the programming guides.

Yeah, but the Guide info was OK. It was the content of each 2-hour slot that was duplicated. Glad to know I wasn't delusional - or, did anyone else see it as I did?

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm recording the new episode airing on Sci-Fi tonight, but I'm deliberating holding off to watch it on UHD. Anyone have any idea when the new episode will air? I know they are starting to air Season 3 on UHD Saturday.

·
Registered
13,632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfxproducer /forum/post/0

I work for Stargate Digital. Does your friend work for Zoic or Atmosphere? Either way, spectacular work on BSG all around.

Neither, he works for Mediumedge .
He knows his website needs updating. He was at Zoic and did the character animation for the Doom episode (that is what I call it, as I can't remember the name). He then got a nice contract gig that I call the neverending job.
After that, he wants to work on his game Bad, Bad Bots. When BSG went in house, he discussed working with them again doing the Cylon animation, but it went nowhere. I guess they were happy with their current guy. Judging by last nights episode, they may want to reevaluate their decision.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/0

then they will run S3 from the beginning next week, catching up and overtaking SciFi, straight through to the end of S3.

WAIT A SECOND MISTER!!!

You mean to say that Universal HD's broadcast of BSG Season 3 will OVERTAKE SciFi to the end of S3?

Do you mean those of us who watch it on SciFi because we can't wait for the delay will actually at some point get to watch new eps on Universal HD?

Your post above implies that Universal HD's broadcast of S3 will at catch up to SciFi, thus allowing us viewers on SciFi to enjoy new episodes on UHD.

Please confirm. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy97 /forum/post/0

WAIT A SECOND MISTER!!!

You mean to say that Universal HD's broadcast of BSG Season 3 will OVERTAKE SciFi to the end of S3?

Do you mean those of us who watch it on SciFi because we can't wait for the delay will actually at some point get to watch new eps on Universal HD?

Your post above implies that Universal HD's broadcast of S3 will at catch up to SciFi, thus allowing us viewers on SciFi to enjoy new episodes on UHD.

Please confirm. Thanks!!!

Did you miss the big smiley he had in that statement?

·
Registered
10,688 Posts
So season three has just started on UHD and what the hell? No 5.1 sound? The only show UHD regularly aired with 5.1 sound is now simple stereo. Maybe 5.1 will be a bonus feature on the DVDs or something.

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl /forum/post/0

So season three has just started on UHD and what the hell? No 5.1 sound? The only show UHD regularly aired with 5.1 sound is now simple stereo. Maybe 5.1 will be a bonus feature on the DVDs or something.

My recording shows it to be 5.1, although I don't think there was a lot of surround action tonight due to the lack of space battles. Did you show it only as 2.0 or were your comments directed to the lack of use of the rears???

·
Registered
40 Posts
Apparently from what I've heard SciFi will be broadcasting in HD later this year so things should be broadcast at the same time come late this year.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.