AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know when the season 4 reruns will start? I read one report that the reruns were to start last month, but as far as I can tell any episodes that have been rerun have not been from season 4.

(no spoilers please; I glanced at the "Battlestar Galactica on SciFi HD - Season 4" thread but became quickly afraid of reading a spoiler.)

·
Registered
4,273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Bad /forum/post/14286497

Anyone know when the season 4 reruns will start?

Reruns on where? Sci-Fi or Universal-HD? Only the first half of season 4 has aired on Sci-Fi (and Sci-Fi HD). Unless Sci-Fi repeats the first 10 episodes of season 4 in a daytime marathon block, I would not expect those episodes to show up again on Sci-Fi until a repeat run close to the start of the 2nd half of season 4, which reportedly will begin in January.

As for Univ-HD, there is no mention of BSG on their website. Univ-HD started a rerun of BSG earlier this year (?) and went through the first season, then suddenly stopped. With the advent of Sci-Fi HD, it may be that the suits at NBC-Universal decided to drop the repeats on Univ-HD so the show only airs on Sci-Fi to protect the value for Sci-Fi. But this is speculation on my part.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moob /forum/post/14288142

Season 4 reruns start July 19th on UHD:

Good find. So Univ-HD is indeed showing the season 4 first 10 episodes. There will be a break in August in the Saturday showings when Univ-HD goes 24/7 for Olympic coverage.

·
Registered
357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moob /forum/post/14288142

Season 4 reruns start July 19th on UHD: http://www.universalhd.com/app/Sched...ate=2008-07-19

Great catch. I actually searched via season pass and didn't see this, and need to rerecord the season given how bad the PQ was.

Now if I could just get S2 and S3 from UHD...

And edit: Trib data is showing Jericho repeats in those timeslots. Is this just a call to Tivo to get that fixed?

·
Registered
694 Posts
It's not just Tivo. My Direct HDDVR is also showing "Jericho" in the time slots that UHD has allotted to BSG. While BSG will be broadcast, it will need to be manually recorded unless the schedule data is corrected.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Shakespeare /forum/post/14292272

It's not just Tivo. My Direct HDDVR is also showing "Jericho" in the time slots that UHD has allotted to BSG. While BSG will be broadcast, it will need to be manually recorded unless the schedule data is corrected.

On my Directv HDDVR I get Strikeforce boxing at that time (I'm in So. Cal.). Strange.

·
Registered
9,866 Posts
A different kind of experience, but you could catch them streaming at SciFi.com. They still haven't posted the final ep, though

·
Registered
357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Shakespeare /forum/post/14292272

Well, yeah, I'm not sure how many companies use the Tribune data for programming but I'm gathering DirectTV does given it shows the same listing. I've usually found putting in a call to Tivo helps; might want to do the same for D*.

·
Registered
9,866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by loco /forum/post/14297512

rezzy,

Scifi.com had Revelations posted eight days after it aired. And it's still on their site.

Yikes! You're right; I have seen it. I was expecting a certain something to happen that didn't---felt like it was an episode short....

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Since I don't have Universal, it's the next best thing. Now I have to ***** about the hard drive limitations again.

·
Registered
163 Posts
As for the HD quality of the XBOX live downloads: it appears to me that a heavy dose of DNR (digital noise reduction) has been applied, making the picture considerably less grainy, but also robbing the picture of a fair amount of detail. BSG season 1 on HD-DVD was a much higher quality, even the HD Universal broadcasts look better.

·
Registered
694 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyb /forum/post/14311959

It looks like UHD moved the start date of Season 4 to 8/30. Search their schedule for Battlestar Galactica.

Interesting. I wonder if UHD decided that interrupting BSG with Olympic coverage would be counter-productive.

My only question is which version, UHD or Sci-Fi, will have the fewer bugs, snipes, and other ill-conceived irritations. I'll put the Sci-Fi versions on DVD-RAM and wait to see. The winner will make the final cut to my DVD. And then it will all be on Blu-Ray, making my home grown stuff not worth smoking.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts