AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
I played Midway on my PC. It was fun, but the online crowd wasn't as numerous as the 360's apparently. Though I did pay $20 less for it, and the DLC (when it finally showed up) was free. It's clear the game was developed for a console primarily, and the controls on a keyboard/mouse just don't do it justice. Even using a ps2 controller hooked into my PC didn't really feel right.

I don't own a 360, but if I were to get one, I would probably check this one out.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
My family sucks at war.

One great uncle died in a training accident (last one out of the B-17), and another great uncle died when he was hit by a drunk driver in Britain.

·
Registered
349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath /forum/post/15466982

My family sucks at war.

One great uncle died in a training accident (last one out of the B-17), and another great uncle died when he was hit by a drunk driver in Britain.

Researching this now from what I found my grandpa and one of his brothers was stateside during the war. One brother made it through the war arriving in Europe 6 to 8 days after D-Day and manned an anti-tank gun. The other brother was a cook's aide/driver/tank machine gunner in the 41st under Patton since Africa. I believe he was one of the most decorated men from WWII in Louisiana.

Back on topic though, Midway is an awesome game, cant wait for the new one.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonstiller /forum/post/15487516

What is everyones thought on the previous installment? Is Midway still a blast to play? Thinking of picking this up for my dad and I since its only 15 bucks at gamestop so we can do some online co-op.

Definitely a lot of fun.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Great game for guys like us I guess. I really liked it. Online was fun on the 360 if you could get a few friends together and actually work together. Saddly not as many friends as I would've hoped liked or played it.

Maybe we can get a group together from here.

·
Registered
349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants56 /forum/post/15937666

Great game for guys like us I guess. I really liked it. Online was fun on the 360 if you could get a few friends together and actually work together. Saddly not as many friends as I would've hoped liked or played it.

Maybe we can get a group together from here.

Definitely a good game to play with a group of friends. When Midway came out there was a group of 4 of us that used to play together all the time.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Theres also a new demo video out for Battlefield 1943
for the WWII buffs. Pacific is almost around the corner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.