AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in South San Francisco, and am having problems tuning in the NBC signal from San Jose. I have a rooftop Yagi antenna, and get all the other HD signals being sent from Sutro. On some days I can get the NBC signal just fine, on other days I have no luck. It's just hit and miss. What do I need to do to get a better signal from the NBC station? Thanks.

·
Registered
147 Posts
What works for me in Los Altos Hills is a seperate channel 12 only antenna with a combiner that will combine your Yagi pointed at Mt. Sutro with the channel 12 antenna pointed towards Loma Prieta. The channel 12 only antenna is very inexpensive. I kind of recall that they had two single channel 12 antennas, one for local and one for longer distances. Found the antenna and combiner at the following:

Schad Electronics, Inc.

980 S. 1st Street

San Jose, CA 95112

Phone: (408) 275.6484

You might want to call them to see if they have stock since they used to run out of them often. They are really helpful and have a lot of experience.

Anyhow, I had the same problem as you, but with the seperate antenna pull in an extremely good signal, now much better than Mt. Sutro stations on. In your area you will probably have to confirm you have line of sight to Loma Prieta, and might need the better single channel only antenna than I did.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Kevin,

Like what rsandor stated, Schad is the place to get a small 6 element VHF only antenna and a channel 12 joiner. Then mount it above or below your Yagi and point it at Loma Preita. Check the bearing @ antennaweb.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.