AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
13,391 Posts
Thanks (I didn't see the ad)! I picked one up this week at 12% off and four free discs make it a great price. Called and they said just come on in and I'll get the discs.

· Registered
13,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiaudio2 /forum/post/0

How did you get the 12% off?

I asked.
I called and asked if they had them in stock... yes... should I wait until I get a 12% off coupon... no we'll take care of you just come on it. The four free dics should be available through Saturday (it's part of their weekly ad).

· Registered
584 Posts
I am now very happy with my recent purchase of the BDP-1200. I bought it last week from BB, after getting them to price match one of our very reputable online vendors. Then of course I see the ad this week with the 4 free Blu-Rays, took in my receipt and they told me to grab four movies with no hassle at all.

Also: Kudos to BB for having both the BDP-1200 and HD-A20 advertised in the same week with 4 free movies.

· Registered
12,092 Posts
Well, I was thinking of canceling my order with computer4sure and go for this BB deal, but I just got word that it has shipped. But at a price of 615 it sounds like this will be about a wash with the BB price + the 4 BR discs.

· Registered
297 Posts
How easily are you able to obtain these players? Mine's on backorder, and the local BB has a hard time keeping them in stock. Is it different in your part of the country? (I'm in OKC)

· Registered
584 Posts
When I got mine BB only had 1. This was a few days before this weeks ad came out. When I went to get the 4 free movies they still had none in stock.

· Registered
13,821 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill /forum/post/0

Well, I was thinking of canceling my order with computer4sure and go for this BB deal, but I just got word that it has shipped. But at a price of 615 it sounds like this will be about a wash with the BB price + the 4 BR discs.

That's an excellent price for this player. And congratulations on taking the HD plunge Bill! You will not be disappointed.

· Registered
12,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Tomlin /forum/post/0

That's an excellent price for this player. And congratulations on taking the HD plunge Bill! You will not be disappointed.

Thanks Rob--you've partly guilty for my taking the plunge! Actually, when I read that the upcoming Sammy dual format 5000 is not going to have the Reon chip for upconverting sd dvd's, I went ahead and jumped on a 1200. Mine is scheduled to arrive from computers4sure.com this Monday; hope that I don't have any problems (ala Alan) with this source. (I looked today and they don't have it listed at present on their site.)

· Registered
13,821 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill /forum/post/0

Thanks Rob--you've partly guilty for my taking the plunge! Actually, when I read that the upcoming Sammy dual format 5000 is not going to have the Reon chip for upconverting sd dvd's, I went ahead and jumped on a 1200. Mine is scheduled to arrive from computers4sure.com this Monday; hope that I don't have any problems (ala Alan) with this source. (I looked today and they don't have it listed at present on their site.)

I won't feel too "guilty" when you have a big-ass grin on your face from watching all the HD goodness on your new BD player going to your RS1!

· Registered
389 Posts
I called and asked Tweeter since they will price match BB but don't carey DVDs would they take 100 off the price, and they said yes. So I zipped down after work on Monday and picked up the last one they had in town.

I get paid tomorrow so I will order the potc movies and if there are some other BR movies you all recommend I will pick them up too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.