AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

I am looking to buy a tv today and thinking of a LCD or DLP. The max I want to spend is around 1000. I know that at CC they have a Panasonic 52 inch LCD rear projection tv for 1000, but generally sometimes they have open box items that are discounted.

Are they ok to use or mostly junk? Anyone have experiences with it?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good idea. I will also ask them to hook it up so I can see how the picture looks. Maybe I can swindle a deal with them and get a free tv stand if I sign up for a warrenty (then return the warrenty later!)

·
Registered
247 Posts
I wouldn't count on too good of a deal on the 52 Panasonic since at the 999 sale price its only running at about 4 points of margin. I had someone try the same yesterday in my store and had to decline the offer.

·
Registered
170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphx2 /forum/post/0

Good idea. I will also ask them to hook it up so I can see how the picture looks. Maybe I can swindle a deal with them and get a free tv stand if I sign up for a warrenty (then return the warrenty later!)

That wont work. I work for Future SHOP (owend by best buy) and everytime we do a deal like that, its a package deal and they dont let you return individual items like that. + a free stand s asking alot for a $1000 tv. Unless the stand is like $70 or something. No way we would throw in a $200 stand with a $1000 tv. thats essentialy giving you 20% off the tv.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.