AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes! It was a refreshing change in the line up. I emailed xm and as expected I got a caned response. I even offered them an extra buck a month

"Thank you for contacting SiriusXM regarding BBC Radio 1 Ch. 15. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed in the recent changes and that you miss hearing BBC Radio 1.

We think you may come to enjoy similar music and hits previously heard on BBC Radio 1, on some of our other channels. You can hear Top 40 hit music on Hits 1 (Channel 2) or 20 On 20 (Channel 3), new alternative rock on AltNation (Channel 36), and R&B Hits can be heard on The Heat (Channel 47). For a British perspective on the news you can listen to BBC World Service (Channel 118)."

-bull plop.....just bull plop.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was very sad to see this on Tuesday, and to replace it with a Studio 54 channel. I've called and emailed and gotten the same responses. But the bottom line is that those other channels do not have teh DJs, festival coverage or play the same music.

The channel was added 6 years ago and the contract expired, so I would hope that it's just a contract dispute and would be worked out, but with SiriusXM being so eager to fill the channel with Studio 54 disco, it looks like it might be gone for good. Sad.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I dont mind another Disco channel as long as it is cool stuff. Listening to a few of the songs makes me realize why disco died out. Wow, the station really sucks. I think disco was cool for us who were too young at the time because we were not exposed to the day in and day out crap. Wow, forget the cheesy songs. A lot of disco produced back then seems to be flat out boring. A Studio 54 channel will benefit from a DJ who can spin stories between songs.

And I noticed reduced playlists on a lot of stations. We got 24 hour Bruce and Elvis stations. Why the hell do I need to listen to Bruce songs on 4-6 other stations, as much as I love Bruce? And instead of playing entire live concerts on E Street Radio, why not play the better live stuff excerpts? If it is a classic concert, play the whole thing. Maybe they can play alternate recordings more too. Like Fire. THe official released versions is kind of boring. Youtube has the original studio cut of Fire that was not released as the recent revisiting of those sessions.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sat radio doesn't have the kind of catalog access that regular radio does. It all boils down money, if sat radio was free but had ad's the business model would work and they could buy more music. Sucks bit it's true.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynexit /forum/post/20884549

Sat radio doesn't have the kind of catalog access that regular radio does. It all boils down money, if sat radio was free but had ad's the business model would work and they could buy more music. Sucks bit it's true.

laughable

·
Registered
292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynexit /forum/post/20884549

Wha? Most terrestrial stations have playlists that are a few hundred songs deep at best. The satellite catalog kills terrestrial.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.