AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the height of the American Football Season, and whether you are NCAA Fans or NFL Fans or BOTH (like me!
), then feel free to post your likes, dislikes, experiences & opinions. HDTV's, and especially flat panels, have greatly enhanced the experience of watching football on TV to an entirely new level. Let us hear from you & feel free to speak up, but keep it between the hash marks and don't get fined for "unsportsman-like behavior".

TONIGHT'S GAME: ALLSTATE SUGAR BOWL (Superdome, New Orleans)

#4 ALAMAMA CRIMSON TIDE VS. #6 UTAH UTES (??)

Games Starts @ 8:00pm on FOX HD

Cajieboy's Pick: Go Bama!!
(sorry Chad)

·
Registered
2,974 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajieboy /forum/post/15442976

This is the height of the American Football Season, and whether you are NCAA Fans or NFL Fans or BOTH (like me!
), then feel free to post your likes, dislikes, experiences & opinions. HDTV's, and especially flat panels, have greatly enhanced the experience of watching football on TV to an entirely new level. Let us hear from you & feel free to speak up, but keep it between the hash marks and don't get fined for "unsportsman-like behavior".

TONIGHT'S GAME: ALLSTATE SUGAR BOWL (Superdome, New Orleans)

#4 ALAMAMA CRIMSON TIDE VS. #6 UTAH UTES (??)

Games Starts @ 8:00pm on FOX HD

Cajieboy's Pick: Go Bama!!
(sorry Chad)

not looking too good for the crimson tractor drivers

lets just hope it stays this way after the half.

This game looks amazing on my 151.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadmak09 /forum/post/15443922

not looking too good for the crimson tractor drivers

lets just hope it stays this way after the half.

This game looks amazing on my 151.

That's a good one!
...yeah, the Utes came out swing'in, that's for sure. Hey, that's why they play the game, and if those Utes hang on for the Big W, then they deserve it. Everybody...and I do mean "everybody" predicted Bama to win this game quick & easy. On the half-time report, Barry Switzer was eat'in his own pre-game words. Almost makes me want to switch horses and root for the underdogs!
..,I did say "almost". Lots more football left in this one, and the Utes are making it interesting to say the least.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBiker /forum/post/15444377

Utah is looking good on my 27" CRT.

You bet Utah is looking good. The Utes have just won this thing in grand football style. Not once in the entire game did Bama get the lead, and I'm running out fingers trying to count how many times Bama's quarterback was sacked. Great Sugar Bowl, and that's 2 big-game losses in a row for ole' St. Nick. Well, there's always next year!

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
yep great sugar bowl.

I actually recorded some of it since the quality was so good and it looked so good on my 151.

Its rare that you see comcast cable look so good but it does sometimes.

Now when a friend comes by wondering how the 151 does with sports, I will have a quality feed to show them.

Maybe one day we will get some quality cable/sattelite without so much compression.

Our TV's deserve it.

yea, Utah just did the same thing that Florida did. Which was came out and played hard. Bama just had no answer for them.

I think bama has been greatly over-hyped this year. They were ranked #1 for a long time and heck, they couldn't even be #1 in the SEC much less the nation.

Then again, having little Nick as a coach creates so much hype.

I am just glad I won't have to hear the "Yeeeee-Hawww"'s at work monday.

Theres nothing worse that a proud bama fan. lol. Its like a bad episode of Hee-Haw.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Today our attention shifts from the NCAA to the NFL. First round of the NFL Playoffs begins this afternoon:

Atlanta Falcons vs Arizona Cardinals

Game #1 for the NFC begins at 4:30pm (Eastern) on NBC HD

U of Phoenix Stadium

Indianapolis Colts vs San Diego Chargers

Game #2 is for the AFC beginning tonight @ 8:00pm (Eastern) on NBC HD at Qualcomm Stadium

Cajieboy's picks: I like the Falcons for Game 1.

The Colts/Charger game is by far the most interesting for me, and my pick is the Indy Colts. Peyton Manning has got this team back on track, but the Chargers are good too. Should be a good game between two really good quarterbacks.

Time to exercise your HDTV's! Both games are in HD 1080i, and usually NBC in my area has some pretty good broadcasts. Chad, I know what you're saying in regards to signal compression, and who knows when we'll ever get it right in the US.

I've noticed there are a lot "Looky-Lou's" out there. Don't be shy guys. Let us know what ya think. Got an opinion, an experience, an idea? Then post it!

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like the Arizona Cardinals will advance in the playoffs. Hats off to Kurt Warner, as that dude was playing as he first did when he won those Super Bowls for St. Louis. It's a good thing I don't bet as me and Bob Costas are tied. I 've yet to pick a winner! All in good fun.
...now onto Game 2 in San Diego.

The HD Broadcasts have been excellent for all these games thus far. Similar to when I watched the Olympics a few months ago. I think the Networks have really upgraded their Sports Divisions for HiDef.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WOW, what a game!!! A REAL NAIL-BITTER!! In OT, San Diego Chargers win & live on to play next weekend, and the Indy Colts get to stay home and watch it on TV w/the rest of us. Final score: Chargers 23, Colts 17. Looking forward to tomorrow, when my Miami Dolphins make their first post-season playoff appearance in over 8 years. All's well in HDTV Land...

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NFL Wildcard Sunday is upon us w/two great matchups this afternoon. This time, my favorite team, the Miami Dolphins has found its way to the playoffs for the first time in 8 years. The draught has been long. This is a very young team w/new players, new coaches, new mgmt...now if we could only get a new stadium!
The Ravens & Miami both have 11/5 records, and we'll see if the game will be close or lopsided. For this event, I'm going down to my local sports bar w/the gang of Dolphin fans and watch the game on a big screen.

Here's today's games:

Game #1 Miami Dolphins vs Baltimore Ravens

Game starts at 1:00pm on CBS HD

Game #2 Philly Eagles vs. Minn. Vikings

Game starts at 4:30pm on FOX HD

Cajieboy's pics: Game 1 - Dolphins (of course!!
)

Game #2 - Eagles.

Cheers.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
NFL Wildcat Sunday is over and all I can say is "wow, whatta game!!". My Dolphins lost, but after last year's 15-1 record, just getting to the playoffs was a feat no one expected. Plenty of mistakes & errors to look over during the off-season, and hopefully they'll checkout these blaring faults in their line. The Eagles are moving on to another week, and this team knows how to be physical. They advance for another week. It's been a long day...but a lot of fun!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Frustrating to see the Vikings lose after playing so well in the first half. But Childress's inability to make adjustments and TJ's inability to play under pressure doomed them once again.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK all you Longhorns & Buckeyes Fans! Tonight's your night! The BCS Tostitos Fiesta Bowl! Maybe the Buckeyes can manage to do better w/the Big 12 than they've done the last two years against an SEC Team. My pick: Hook'em Horns!

BCS Tostitos Fiesta Bowl

#3 Texas Longhorns vs. #10 Ohio State Buckeyes

Game starts @ 8:00pm (Eastern) on FOX HD from Sun Devil Stadium in Glendale, Arizona

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
whistling..."The Eyes Of Texas Are Upon You"...final score: Texas Longhorns 24, Ohio Buckeyes 21. A great game. Hard fought by both sides and down tothe wire, but in the end it wasn't meant to be for the Buckeyes. Hats off to the Buckeyes for a damn good game. I think Texas will move up to the #2 spot after the OU/Gator Game on Thursday night. Congrats Longhorns.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ATTN. LADIES & GENTS. ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL??!!!
Live from Gator Nation. Tonight's game is for all NCAA marbles between the #1 Oklahoma Sooners vs. #2 Florida Gators. This is the national championship, and feel what you may about the college bowl system, whomever wins tonight will definitely be our NCAA National Champion. My pick: As an avid SEC fan and a longtime resident of Florida, I of course am rooting for the Florida Gators. The Sooners better get ready for the "Gator Chomp" and I think we'll see the wheels coming off that Sooner Wagon tonight. Here's the skinny:

FEDEX BCS National Chamionship Game

#1 Oklahoma Sooners vs. #2 Florida Gators

8:00 pm (eastern) on FOX HD.

Dolphin Stadium in Davie, FL (just outside Miami)

Enjoy the game!

See ya later aligator!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.