Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have three problems.

Vertical raster shift on blue. Blue are way too high. Are there any pots to turn. I can do it with the remote, but there are something with us that are nuts.

CRT projection angle. I find two screws at the top. Are there more. On my BD801 there are four for each tube.

Green is weak. The menus are sharp and fine, but when I use RGB it does not simply put enough light. I have tried gain in the menus, but it is not enough. G2 adjusment? G2 procedure?

The condition of the tubes are. Red clean, green light wear still sharp, blue medium even wear. The machine gives a great sharp picture.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump.

The screw problem is solved. I am still having problem with the weak green. The menus are sharp and fine, but when using RGB I am having problems. The picture is sharp on the tube surface, but too weak.

I have no means of trying s-video. I am only using my PC. So getting a way to test that input will be a hassle. Maybe I have a DXR-3 hardware decoding board lying somewhere.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Check your input number.

When i press in the remote input number 3 and four is will have a good picture. When i select 5 or 6 i also get a dim(mer) green.

Try setting up at input 3 or 4. Maybe it will solve the problem

Alexander

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Input 3 did the trick I think.

Tried the projector while it was sitting on the floor.

Green was much stronger.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I think the inputs are the same as on the 701s:

Input 1: Comp. video

2: S-video

3: RGBS or RGsB

4: RGB3S or RG3sB (trilevel sync)

5: (R-Y)Y(B-Y)S or (R-Y)Ys(B-y) (component)

6: (R-Y)Y(B-Y)3S or (R-Y)Y3s(B-Y) (component w/trilevel sync)

You need a long extender and a narrow socket (7 or 8mm) to reach the bottom bolts that secure the pivot of the red and blue CRTs. Again assuming that this is similar as on the 701s

Gunnar

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.