Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a BD800 with a buzzing powersupply. It sounds like it is coming from the large transformer. I tried resoldering both transformer joints with no luck. Can this transform be swapped with one from a BG800 powersupply?? The powersupplies are different, question is, is that transformer the same...Anywhere else to look on the supply for the buzzing? Thanks...Steve.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Steve,

There's a part number printed on the transformer and I'm fairly certain they're the same.

The buzzing SMPS in the 800 series is pretty classic. A while back there was a big thread on people and how to try to quieten it down. I just don't recall if it was on this forum or that "other" forum. Maybe 2 years ago?

My observations have been that at standard video frequencies some projectors are bad, but as soon as you at least double the video with a processor it quiets down. I've also noted that swapping out the vertical/sync card can help the buzz occasionally as well. (Or was it the horizontal defl card?)

Do you have a good BG800 SMPS? I wonder if I have any more BD800 supplies - I used to have several. Hmmm...

Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.