AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to buy a Blu-Ray Burner. What I want to do is burn exact copies of my Blu-Ray discs to a a blank write once BR disc to have as a backup.

I prefer to have my back-ups on BR discs rather than on a computer hard drive. I have a very powerful computer so I am not worried about the ability to do the processing.

Is there a program that will do this burning on the fly or would I have to, for example, create an ISO and then burn that to disc?

Again, I want an exact copy of the BR disc. I do not want to do any transcoding and I don't care if FBI warnings etc are carried over.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

fafner

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostinsane /forum/post/18256295

What are the costs of BD dual layer blanks?

$10/each is the cheapest I've seen them but you'll still pay between $15-$20/ea for name brand media. Don't forget the cost of AnyDVD to decrypt them all.

Personally, I dont see the value in backing up a very expensive optical disc media to another optical disc media except for the sole purpose of pirating when an electro-mechanical disk, such as a hard drive, is much cheaper & more easily stored & protected. But to each their own, right?

·
Registered
315 Posts
if i were you i would wait for bd-dl blanks

or check ebay i bought 6.00 apiece

bd-r(25gb) frys got the sale now a days for 1.30 a piece comes in spindle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts