AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bunch of "movie only" BD Iso's on one of my drives that are apparently corrupt. They mount via virtual clone drive but neither power dvd nor vlc recognizes them anymore. They worked until recently. I downloaded iso buster and it pulled a bunch of files out of one of the Iso's, which I assume are the individual video streams in the playlist, but I cannot extract them without the paid version. I am not against ponying up the $30, but don't want to if it won't work. Anybody have any luck recovering similar files? I really don't want to go diving into my stacks of storage for the original discs if i don't have to. Are there better software options than iso buster? Anything free? Thanks

·
One-Man Content Creator
25,212 Posts
They are already decrypted? I'd try MakeMKV.

At one time it did not open Blu-ray ISO files; if that's still the case you'll have to mount them and operate on the directories.

I believes it wants the index.bdmv file.

-Bill

·
Registered
23,130 Posts
I have a bunch of "movie only" BD Iso's on one of my drives that are apparently corrupt. They mount via virtual clone drive but neither power dvd nor vlc recognizes them anymore. They worked until recently. I downloaded iso buster and it pulled a bunch of files out of one of the Iso's, which I assume are the individual video streams in the playlist, but I cannot extract them without the paid version. I am not against ponying up the $30, but don't want to if it won't work. Anybody have any luck recovering similar files? I really don't want to go diving into my stacks of storage for the original discs if i don't have to. Are there better software options than iso buster? Anything free? Thanks
I think 7zip can extract ISOs. Otherwise you can just mount them (Virtual Clone Drive) and copy the files.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
You could try using ImgBurn to extract the files from the iso to a folder, then create another iso from the folder.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestions. I just tried 7zip but it did not recognize the iso file either by itself or when mounted. Make MKV does not recognize it either. The files were already decrypted via anydvd and made into movie only iso's via either bd rebuilder or clown bd. Some were also compressed in bd rebuilder but most are full bitrate (not really sure if that is relevant). These have all played fine before. Other similar Iso files on the drive (as well on other drives) still play without a hitch. Iso buster runs it through its sectors and pops up with a number of mts files. What would I do with them if I extracted them to get them back to an iso?

·
Registered
23,130 Posts
Why ISOs if they're movie only? The whole point of an ISO is to have an exact copy of the disc, menus and all. If you've stripped out the menus and everything I don't see any point to putting them in an ISO when an MKV or BDVM folder structure will work just as well.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I think 7zip can extract ISOs. Otherwise you can just mount them (Virtual Clone Drive) and copy the files.
WinRAR should be able to extract everything, too.

Otherwise just install WinCDEmu (http://wincdemu.sysprogs.org/), mount the iso as a BD drive and then pull the streams out with TsMuxer or MakeMKV like you were ripping the original BD.

If that doesn't work, I think you are in trouble. You'll just have to re rip from the original discs.

·
Premium Member
8,419 Posts
Sorry to bust in here with this question, can I convert ISO files to Mkv's with some software out there ?

I would like to play my movies using an Oppo 103, noticed the 103 would recognize them and thought converting them if possible would be a work around.

Thanks

Djoel

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Sorry to bust in here with this question, can I convert ISO files to Mkv's with some software out there ?

I would like to play my movies using an Oppo 103, noticed the 103 would recognize them and thought converting them if possible would be a work around.

Thanks

Djoel
MakeMKV

1 - 11 of 11 Posts