AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally posted this in the blu ray player section but after I took at all the sections this one seemed more appropriate...sorry about the double posting.

I've had my samsung bd-p3600 for about 5 months now and have had intermittent success with streaming from my pc..so I thought maybe I could buy a network enabled external HD and have some more stable luck.

I purchased the LaCie network space 301389U and uploaded a few media files into the "openshare" portion of the drive. The files show up in iTunes as a shared playlist and the blu ray player can find the drive using the auto search...but I cannot access the files that are on the disk from the player.

when I try to connect it asks for a username and password...when I use the admin username and pass an error saying "no shared folders found" comes up and when I try just leaving the name and pass blank an error saying an incorrect ID has been used comes up

are these devices compatible to be used in this way?

it seems to me that all I need to do is somehow create a shared folder (like a shared folder on my pc) on the external drive

any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Realizing your post is old, have you ever figured this out?

When you log in to your PC, do you use a username and password? I don't, but still had to set up the bluray player's login with my username. I left the password blank, because I don't sign in to my computer, and it works.

Please let me know how things are going on your end because I was thinking of doing the same thing as you.

Thanks,

George

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.