Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'd like to start out the thread by letting everyone know that i was an early HD-DVD adopter, and since this christmas, have switched alliances to the Blu.

I got a PS3 for Christmas, and am currently working on updating my Home Theater system and would love for some of the Blu-Ray faithful to recommend to me some of the best reference material to use, and to view to get the best impression of the format possible.

From coming from HD-DVD, i know what to expect for the most part, but i would really like to have something to really give me the "wow" factor.

and, before everyone goes crazy on me and says things like " Look at the PQ thread!" i already have, and i made a list of about 200 or so BD's that i would like to purchase.

The reason why i'm coming here now is for some recommendations for what to buy first.

So, if everyone could just post a title or two, i'd love all of the advice. And oh, i'd like things that are considered "reference" material both in AQ and PQ. But any recommendations and for any reason would really work.

Thanks to all that respond.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMx Reaper xMx /forum/post/15453835

Hello All,

I'd like to start out the thread by letting everyone know that i was an early HD-DVD adopter, and since this christmas, have switched alliances to the Blu.

I got a PS3 for Christmas, and am currently working on updating my Home Theater system and would love for some of the Blu-Ray faithful to recommend to me some of the best reference material to use, and to view to get the best impression of the format possible.

From coming from HD-DVD, i know what to expect for the most part, but i would really like to have something to really give me the "wow" factor.

and, before everyone goes crazy on me and says things like " Look at the PQ thread!" i already have, and i made a list of about 200 or so BD's that i would like to purchase.

The reason why i'm coming here now is for some recommendations for what to buy first.

So, if everyone could just post a title or two, i'd love all of the advice. And oh, i'd like things that are considered "reference" material both in AQ and PQ. But any recommendations and for any reason would really work.

Thanks to all that respond.

Always remember to use the search function before posting.

PQ

AQ

·
Registered
24 Posts
Both as movies and as a tech demos, I especially recommend Cars and Ratatouille from Pixar.

And even if not in Tier 0, Spider-Man 3 is tech demo material IMO, and would be a excellent first buy.

You should also take a look at this , and that .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.