AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1308 Posts

·
Banned
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I agree Beowulf is the most problematic title yet in the audio dropout/glitch experience...for several of us. I can't explain Ph8te's lack of them. What receiver are you using? It's the Onkyo 605 over here.

·
Registered
20,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 /forum/post/13413868

I agree Beowulf is the most problematic title yet in the audio dropout/glitch experience...for several of us. I can't explain Ph8te's lack of them. What receiver are you using? It's the Onkyo 605 over here.

Cant remember the name off the top of my head its an older Sony. I have the Unit connected via analogs.

·
Banned
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
hehe that prolly explains it then. I would wager those of us who are hearing the glitches at *least* have optical/HDMI in use.

·
Registered
20,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 /forum/post/13414573

hehe that prolly explains it then. I would wager those of us who are hearing the glitches at *least* have optical/HDMI in use.

I used to have optical, but decided to jsut let it go and have the 360 via optical and the player via analog. So far so good I am going to try an SD DVD and see if I can duplicate the dropouts everyone is having with those.

·
Registered
20,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te /forum/post/13415096

I used to have optical, but decided to jsut let it go and have the 360 via optical and the player via analog. So far so good I am going to try an SD DVD and see if I can duplicate the dropouts everyone is having with those.

Update: I got to watch about 45 minutes of Boondock Saints this AM and I didnt have any dropouts. I can also confirm that Sunshine is still a problem if you FFW to the chapter 4 mark. The player is still operational but goes "silent". This is with the DTSMA track, I have not tried this with the DD track.

·
Banned
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Cool...does Boondock Saints have a Dolby Digital soundtrack? I've only tested one DVD so far (Gattaca) and that one manifested several drops.

·
Registered
20,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 /forum/post/13422895

Cool...does Boondock Saints have a Dolby Digital soundtrack? I've only tested one DVD so far (Gattaca) and that one manifested several drops.

Yeah DD EX actually......While the video was good the transfer was flawed....The audio though was great.....

·
Banned
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Ph8, DD EX, eh? Interesting....it seems most complaints come from plain ole' vanilla Dolby Digital 5.1.

Tarch, thanks for the contribution to the bug list.

·
Registered
20,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 /forum/post/13464155

Ph8, DD EX, eh? Interesting....it seems most complaints come from plain ole' vanilla Dolby Digital 5.1.

Tarch, thanks for the contribution to the bug list.

Hmmm will have to look through my discs then. I read that Jurassic Park III was a common trouble disc so I will try to test that one out. I have a number of SD discs, its just that I dont watch them much any more.

·
Registered
20,595 Posts
Also, just took a look at the list, might want to consolidate the "jumpy menus" into one number. I believe that this behavior was also reported with 30 Day of Night when 1.0 came out.

·
Banned
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te /forum/post/13464195

Hmmm will have to look through my discs then. I read that Jurassic Park III was a common trouble disc so I will try to test that one out. I have a number of SD discs, its just that I dont watch them much any more.

I understand, it's painful to watch after being spoiled by high def. As I've said previously, I've only tested one (Gattaca) and that one manifested.

Ph8te, can I add you as an editing member?
Do you have a Gmail acct?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Im still waiting on my 1.2 disc....im running it out of the box still and Dan In Real Life on BR would not start for me at all, previews only

·
Registered
1,636 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsc23 /forum/post/13478225

Im still waiting on my 1.2 disc....im running it out of the box still and Dan In Real Life on BR would not start for me at all, previews only

Why can't you upgrade to 1.2 via the Ethernet port?

·
Registered
5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 /forum/post/13413868

I found out this weekend after purchusing Beowulf about all the audio dropouts. I was thinking the disk was damaged. But i see that its the player.

With the new firmware coming in MAY all these glitches will be fixed? I am hoping since i really like the movie...it looks amazing.

·
Banned
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
That firmware might come sooner...but we don't know what it will fix until it arrives. I would DEFINITELY recommend calling Samsung, though, and telling them about your Beowulf audio dropouts. (1-800-SAMSUNG) I did previously and they tried to get me to send in the unit over this repeatable (for many of us) problem. The more they hear of how widespread it is, the better!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Is the link still up to date? I notice the main thread is very active but this info link hasn't been updated for a few weeks. Thanks.

With the new LG Firmware being released I want to compare how the two players stack up.

·
Banned
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I don't really add issues unless we can get 2 or more confirmations...there haven't been any widespread reports in a while.

41 - 60 of 1308 Posts