AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Panasonic V3510HD cable bix for my 50" Fujitus Plasma Monitor from Timer Warner. While watching HD progams, when a comercial comes on, the picture goes back to 4:3 with the black bars on the left and right and then back to full screen when the HD program continutes. Any way to get the comercials to stretch cross the screen. I have set my dsipaly type to 16x9 and 4x3 stretch in the panny box but the comercials dont stretch. I have tried all types of resulutions on the box and try changing the aspect on the TV but nothing works. I know the reason is because the comercial are not in HD but I thought the 4:3 stretch setting in the cable box would do this for 4:3. is this bug with the box? Are there any HD cable boxes that I could purchase that would give me all the same digital cable channels I get now and take care of this stretching of 4:3? Is there any place I can down load a manual for this box or are there firmware upgrades that I can do? Do I need to worry about burn in on the left and right when this happens during HD programs?

thanks

· Registered
13,531 Posts
futyb,

No, there is no way to stretch the 4:3 commercials on HD channels. The black bars you see are part of the picture signal sent by the network, they are not added by the cable box. The cable box has no way to differentiate commercials from the programming on high-def channels.

You do not have to worry about burn-in from these bars. So long as you are not pausing the screen on one of those commercials, or spending the majority of your time watching commercials, you'll be fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.