AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for someone in the Memphis area to professionally setup (mechanincal, g2, etc.) and ISF calibrate a BD800.

I setup the unit myself and then paid a local technician who did nothing more than tweak the adjustment a bit and "calibrated" the unit without any equipment (nor did he adjust anything other than menu settings).

It looks good, but I would like for it to look better, and be comfortable that I am not hurting the unit or causing premature wear due to an incorrect calibration.

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
If you're looking for the tech to also do a 6500K colour temp calibration (often called a 'grey scale calibration') with a colorimeter, and your unit is an older 800, make sure it has the RBG board daughtercard that allows for colour temp adjustments.

You can check that this daughtercard is installed by going thru the menus: If you have hi/lo colour temp adjustments, then the card is installed.

Just an FYI before you pay for something that may not even be possible! My BG800 is from 1990 and doesn't have this daughtercard installed...

Kal

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trevor, Thanks, unfortanely, I've already tried both of these. One is the place I used which didn't use any calibration equipment. Nor did they know that much about front projectors. And the other will only calibrate product that they've sold.

I was hoping that somebody on the forum would know of another source.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, it doesn't look like I'm going to find anyone:confused:

I guess my only option is to learn how to do it myself.

Does anyone know of a textbook that would walk through mechanical set-up - inside the projector. As well as the order in which it should be performed, pitfalls, watchouts, etc.

Thanks,

Kevin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.