AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just downloaded a manual for my BarcoData 808, and the manual describes several adjustments which are not available on my BD808 - "vertical seagull", "horizontal seagull", "left-only geometry adjustments, etc.

Does anyone know whether these adjustment capabilities be added to my projector via a software or firmware upgrade?

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Those adjustments are available for the S models.

I don't know if you can upgrade the firmware for those adjustments.

Terry

·
Registered
7,138 Posts
Terry's right - only the BG808s has these options.

I doubt you can add these via firmware because the board designs between the 808 and the 808s were significant: The 808 mostly discrete components & single sided boards while the 808s incorporates a newer design where some functionality was moved around a lots of surface mount components & double sided boards were used.

Usually the functionality has to already exist in the hardware, and the Firmware only allows the user/menus to 'see' this functionality. So if you want more functionality you usually have to replace boards with newer revisions along with changing the firmware. Normally you can't get new functionality by simply replacing firmware.

All that said, you don't really need the functions you speak of if you do a proper setup. They were just extra geometry options that are "nice to have" options. (Esp. the independant left & right controls).

Kal

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
That is funny, I got a BD808 and I have vertical seagul as adjustment, not horizontal though (if I remember correctly).

I also got Left-Only geometry adjustments...and yes they work ;)

I also got scheimpflug adjustment in the firmware but haven't got the screws to adjust scheimpflug.

The firmware clearly states BD808 so I haven't got a BG (unfortunately ;) ).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.