Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Is the lenses one closed package ?

If I remove the lenses (four screws around the PJ) will it be a complete assembly or is there something to be carefull about (like springs or plates that might come loose) ?

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
The 4 screws remove the complete lens assy on an 808. Just don't drop the screws when you take them out.

Terry

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thanks.

Drop the screws ?

Looks like a nut on the front side of the lens assy.

Is the screw loose on the back side so that it can drop down ?

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Fredric,

Unless you have something very different from what I have seen before, there are 4 screws (not nuts) holding the lens assy in place. They are hex head or flat screwdriver variety. I take them off with a socket on an extension and put tape inside the socket to hold them in place when I pull them out.

Terry

·
Registered
968 Posts
The Data models have nuts and a threaded post that stays with the tube mount. Also, when you take the lenses off there are usually spacer washers that are supposed to be on the post per the installation manual. Sometimes these special thickness washers will stick to the lens and fall off as you remove the lense. The nuts are 8 mm size.

Mark

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ooops.... ;)

You're correct Mark that you supplied the picture to me before.

Haven't done that part yet though, the PJ has been on the floor while I've been fixing the HT room.

Thanks for the info though....again ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.