AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one has been bugging me for a while.

What's the max horizontal scan rate of a Barco Data 808 (non s model)? 60 KHz or 75 KHz?

Curt has been posting these on his projector for sale list as 75 Khz for the past few months, but I could have sworn I read elsewhere on the 'net that this projector has a 60 KHz maximum. The Barco LENS program says 60 KHz when the angle is 10.5 degrees, so I'm inclined to believe 60 KHz.

But then does that mean Curt made a mistake? Can it really be possible for Curt to make a mistake? Or has he been selling BD808s machines and I've just been reading his list wrong...

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
About the highest resolution you can go is 1280x960p at a 72Hz refresh rate.I prefer 1280x960p at 48Hz for film and I believe the lower refresh rate is much easier on the electronics.Use 60Hz at 960p for video sources.I believe the maximum horizontal rate for the Barcodata 808 is closer to 69KHz.My Barco does not recognize 1280x960p at 72Hz and requires a 71.2Hz refresh rate using a Rock +.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
960p @ 48 Hz is pushing 88 MHz, while the internal electronics are rated 75 MHz. This would (I believe) lead to some softening of the image details... hmm...

Haven't tried 960p yet, perhaps that's worth looking at.

I'm fine at 48 Hz for film, unless I had a machine from Reference Imaging I doubt I'd consider 72 Hz.

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
Hi,At 1280x960p 48Hz my Barco 808 see's a signal with a horizontal scan rate of 48.1 KHz.I believe horizontal scan rate is reduced by using a lower vertical refresh rate.At 1280x720p with a refresh rate of 48Hz 36.3 KHz is the horizontal rate scan rate according to the Barco's on screen menu.If you are using 960p focus and convergence has to be dead on ! Otherwise you will have scan line overlap especially on a smaller screen.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Horizontal scan rate is definately reduced by either cutting back the number of lines, or reducing vertical scan rate. That's what drives the horizontal scan frequency. :D

My screen is 94" wide, 16:9. Oh wait, that's in my sig. :D I wonder if that's considered a smaller screen....

Since I'm still quite a noobie, and haven't spent nearly the amount of time others on this forum do, I'm know my focus can be improved, thus one reason I haven't tried to hit 960p. Partly its lack of time due to work, partly its enjoying the already pretty damn good picture at 720p and an ok focus.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.